• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Voluntary Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's important to look at ALL facts. IF Skyw increases ATL service in February, it's likely to be in the CR9. ASA's block hours have already been determined thru the end of March. Mgmt has been forthright with info on the CR9. Delta DID offer them to ASA at a 1 CR9 for 2 CR2 rate. ASA and SKYW decided that such a deal was not economically positive for the bottom line. If DAL needs more CR9 service in atlanta, it wouldn't have anything to do with ASA whatsoever.

Hmm, don't hold your breath on this one. You might be very suprised.

I'm throwing the BS flag on that. If it where to happen, Jerry would be an idiot. That would be a double kick to the nuts at ASA. You want to see our performance take a dump? Furloughing then increasing SKYW in ATL is a great start. Talk about killing morale. :(

What will the great Uncle Rico do for us now?

Don't worry about it man, just blame GoJet! It's their fault anyway... :D

Word on the street is that Friday Jan 2, pink slips go out to every pilot not covered by the contract. (11-20-2007) ASA I don't know the number. Some say 137 some say 186, but if your hire date is after that date, you will get your "involuntary" pink slip on Friday the 2nd.

When you say every pilot not covered by the contract, do you mean pilots that choose not to join the union? If so, wouldn't that be a good thing if the company furloughs all those pilots first before the union guys, since they were selfish for not wanting to join the union in the first place, like everyone else?

When you say every pilot not covered by the contract, do you mean pilots that choose not to join the union? If so, wouldn't that be a good thing if the company furloughs all those pilots first before the union guys, since they were selfish for not wanting to join the union in the first place, like everyone else?

Wow...

We've been told 'what' about February first? I keep my ear to the group and ain't heard crap. Plus, while it's true we've never furloughed, there is no doubt our staffing is precarious and if something doesn't change within a few more months, don't know how long mgmt will retain everybody if our income continues to take a hit...

hmmm....never really thought about the non members. i'll have to check the language in the contract, but i'm pretty sure it says something to the tune of "no pilot on the seniority list" at the time of signing, without specifying members or not. also keep in mind, even the non-members pay the same dues percentage as members.

nothing was said to me to indicate anything like that. personally, i don't think that would hold water. i'm pretty darn sure that reverse seniority order is the way it's going to go.

creative thinking though!

Ok, I've researched the contract for you.

The answer is NO PILOT WHOSE NAME IS ON THE SENIORITY LIST. That includes non members.

IT EVEN lists all covered pilots BY NAME in appendix A INCLUDING non members.

So no, furloughing non union guys isn't going to happen.

A personal word of caution.....to refer to ASA's non-members as "selfish" and "chose not to join" is inaccurate. You might want to do a little fact checking as to WHY some of those few are non members

Ok, I've researched the contract for you.

The answer is NO PILOT WHOSE NAME IS ON THE SENIORITY LIST. That includes non members.

IT EVEN lists all covered pilots BY NAME in appendix A INCLUDING non members.

So no, furloughing non union guys isn't going to happen.

A personal word of caution.....to refer to ASA's non-members as "selfish" and "chose not to join" is inaccurate. You might want to do a little fact checking as to WHY some of those few are non members

He is the Captain of a Piper Lance give him a break, his outfit may not have unions and such.

Word is that most of those guys tried to join but ALPA demanded full back pay. Those guys told the union to get stuffed.

Latest resources

Back