• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Voluntary Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Everything is subject to change however.

Whoa! Finally, some wisdom on FI. That little sentence should follow every statement about anything in this industry.

If you look at our numbers the performance is already taking a dump. we have no reserve captains-I looked at the list yesterday and there were about 9 people on it. And with all the maintenance delays occurring, it has been a rough week.

If you look at our numbers the performance is already taking a dump. we have no reserve captains-I looked at the list yesterday and there were about 9 people on it. And with all the maintenance delays occurring, it has been a rough week.

Just curious, are you looking at the 200 list or the 700 list. The 700 seems to be lacking on reserves and a little on the skimp side. The 200, from what I understand, is pretty fat on reserves...........for the Captains.

As for the gloating by Erlanger. SkyWest is just as fat on pilots as we are. So I look for us to lead the way with furloughs, then a following at SkyWest. I hate to see it happen, but technically, they lost more flying with Midwest Express than we've shed with losing the ATR's. Basically, it's a ******************** sandwich we are all going to take a bite of. I wonder if Erlanger is the same SkyWest IP that was in Atlanta durring contract negotiations- beating the ASA guys down with the "No future, gonna lose flying to SkyWest, ASA sucks" rhetoric. What a tool............

I was seriously hoping this wouldn't happen, and had been reaching at every excuse out there to paint a "no furlough" picture, but it's apparent that furloughs are inevitable. Only question is, how long will they last?

Bloviation pause!

Can someone post some numbers. How many are in the unprotected class? Or what is the date of signing and I'll figure it out.

There are only 23 more FO's than captains. So can we expect a 50/50 downgrade plus 23?

looking at 200 captain list. haven't been fat this month. like i said, the reserve page yesterday was so short it didn't even scroll down at all...there were bout 9 or 10 people on it. Today is a little better, but if you look at schedules it seems like everyone is working. I'm guessing its just been a lot of vacation and captain sick calls this month

Last edited:
Bloviation pause!

Can someone post some numbers. How many are in the unprotected class? Or what is the date of signing and I'll figure it out.

There are only 23 more FO's than captains. So can we expect a 50/50 downgrade plus 23?

The info that I got was that pink slips will cover every pilot hired AFTER 11/20/07. (unprotected) I've heard several accounts as to the exact number. Some say 137 some say 186. Either way that date is the determining factor REGARDLESS of how many accept some version of voluntary leave.

As for downgrades, I was told everyone is ALREADY in place and that as of now, no other downgrades. Their goal is to continue to have enough captains in place to keep ALL the line values comfortably below 75 hours. They've figured out that it's FAR cheaper to keep all the expensive pilots (10 years or so and above) well below guarantee so they won't pick up open time to get 95+ hours. They will continue to spread the flying out to below 75 hours for the foreseeable future.

Once again, it was stressed to me, EVERYTHING IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

It is also worth noting that if they do this, they may do it in rounds of 50 or so, spread over a couple of months. that's a personal opinion and not part of what I've been told.

As far the pay goes, Brad has answered directly that the company will not seek concessions from the pilot group. As far as lines go, I am not so sure about that. The problem with 75 hour lines with all the pilots on the property, it is cheaper to pay another guy more hours than it is to keep others on the property. The answer falls into how much the company has pay in benefits and taxes for each person. Come Spring Break time, I am sure you will begin to see the lines creep back up.

On a lighter note, the stock market has started back in the right direction. While housing prices have fallen significantly, interest rates have fallen precipitously as well. This bodes well for future construction and banks being able to move assets on their books. There is still more pain to come but the indicators point to a market that has already capitulated in both stocks and real estate.

Latest resources

Back