• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Voluntary Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, if that's the case, I sure was told wrong. Back when we were doing roadshows, I specifically asked multiple reps if nonmembers were included in the signing bonus. The answer was universal. "nonmembers would also receive signing bonuses as they pay contract maintenance fees equal to union dues".

There are two types of non-members, those who are grandfathered and do not pay dues, and those that chose not to join ALPA and pay a fee due to agency shop. ALPA has a legal requirement to represent both.

Pilots not in the union are going to keep their jobs while pilots no longer on probation are going to be furloughed. I hate to say it, but if there are pilots not in the union, they should get the pink slip first too.

Read that entire section of the contract. If the union signs off on furloughs, then pilots on the property when the contract was inked are eligible to be furloughed. Who here has that much faith in our union leaders to look out for the interests of all and not themselves?

Pilots not in the union are going to keep their jobs while pilots no longer on probation are going to be furloughed. I hate to say it, but if there are pilots not in the union, they should get the pink slip first too.

Read that entire section of the contract. If the union signs off on furloughs, then pilots on the property when the contract was inked are eligible to be furloughed. Who here has that much faith in our union leaders to look out for the interests of all and not themselves?

Non-members, like members, are equally protected by the law and the ASA Pilot Working Agreement. This pertains to representation issues as well as protections in the contract. By law, they can be treated no differently. If you feel strongly about your position, then support the issue of making non-members pay a fee(same amount as dues) in your next contract. If they want to play, they should have to pay! They reap the same benefits!

There you go, thinking about yourself first, again! The contract was ratified by the membership(the Union). If there is/are any change(s) made, the change(s) would again have to be ratified by the membership(the Union). Did you read the entire contract? Are you in the Union? Do you trust your mother?

Now--You can worry about something else.

Last edited:
Same as at ALL airlines, nothing new here! At least ASA mgt is trying to minimze the furloughs. Have to give mgt credit for that.

Hoser
ROLL TIDE!

Sad to see the streak of "No Furloughs" come to an end.. especially considering I'm in the hiring pool. Oh well.. ATC here I come.

Go Gators

Latest resources

Back