• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Voluntary Furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There you go, thinking about yourself first, again!

Speed,
I'm tired of this statement that gets tossed out frequently. I do think about myself first. The union, company, fellow employees, and yourself are not going to pay my mortgage or keep my kids fed. In the end, it is all about me and keeping my family taken care of. I'm sorry, but if I can keep my job and put someone else on the street, so be it. You feel the same way:

I'd rather just keep taking YOUR flying so you can rot in the right seat!

I don't want to see anyone on the street and would find a way to get by on the min line. But I'd rather see a few go than the company fold and everyone lose their jobs. Because after all, it is all about me. However, I can't blame the young guys for wanting non members to get the can before them. They are in the same boat with bills to pay and mouths to feed.

Tarzan you are a selfish looser! Let it be said again.

Would have thought SH would have keep this email until maybe the 26th. No reason to ruin those at the bottoms xmas. Maybe he was up drinking late.

If he would have kept the letter until after Christmas, then you would have been here complaining that if they would have had any warning, they would have spent less, and save a little more.

Dammed if you do. Dammed if you don't.

Would have thought SH would have keep this email until maybe the 26th. No reason to ruin those at the bottoms xmas. Maybe he was up drinking late.

Well it's not like he made a formal announcement. You can read between the lines, but there hasn't been an official word of invlountary furloughs yet, just rumors on flightinfo. And we all know how credible this place is. Nothing like a bunch of dudes who know a guy that heard from a guy what's going to happen. You have to stop letting FI ruin your day, and Christmas for that matter. Good luck to all my fellow ASA people, and Merry Christmas.

Speed,
I'm tired of this statement that gets tossed out frequently. I do think about myself first. The union, company, fellow employees, and yourself are not going to pay my mortgage or keep my kids fed. In the end, it is all about me and keeping my family taken care of. I'm sorry, but if I can keep my job and put someone else on the street, so be it. You feel the same way:

I don't want to see anyone on the street and would find a way to get by on the min line. But I'd rather see a few go than the company fold and everyone lose their jobs. Because after all, it is all about me. However, I can't blame the young guys for wanting non members to get the can before them. They are in the same boat with bills to pay and mouths to feed.

Couldn't agree more with this statement. There's an illusion out there that you care more about everyone else than yourself. Give me a break. Thanks for calling a spade a spade. It's true. Nobody on FI will pay my mortgage, put food on my table and basically "fund" my life. Read Atlas Shrugged, Ayn Rand does a great job of illustrating this point vividly.

To make a point think about this. If I can hold the door open for you, I'm happy to. If I have the opportunity to "tackle" you away from the moving vehicle, I'll gladly do it. If I have the opportunity to put you up for a few days (assuming you're not a threat!) get you back on your feet, no problem. However, if you want me to put you or your kids through College, then GFY. If you want me to pay you or your medical bills, GFY. If you expect me to pay for your mortgage the same. It's this "illusion" of caring people get carried away with. Caring for people doesn't mean you'll pay for their existence.

Trojan

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back