Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just the g.l./o.y.s. comment.
The other stuff was just cynicism dude.
No but really, if your a lifer here you're screwed.
Yes, I am concerned about my family and if you're not, you're a fool.
You know, just like the lifers at asa who voted for that sh!t of being notified of a re-assignment via voice mail, pbs etc....
I stand by all of my negative asa, inc. posts
So don't agree with me either, LIFER!

Who the Fu(k said I'm a lifer? I work here now though, and its the only job I have. My app is in at about the only places I want to work, and they ain't called yet. In fact, not many calls going out lately or even in the last ten years. So, go assume elsewhere.....

Nevets, you can draw all the stupid pictures you want, but some of us don't want to treat our company like the car dealership we are trying to get a great deal with...As has been said before me, I don't want to hurt my company.

The difference between you and I is that I plan on staying here and I like the fact that my company has a lot of money in the bank. That gives us options that other companies don't have. I'm not trying to "stick it to the man" as are you...

Another difference between us and you is that many of us are very greatful that Skywest bought us. Delta owned us and Comair....guess which one is better off?

Don't take this the wrong way...but you can take your bad attitude and stick it where the sun don't shine....with all due respect that is...;>}

Why is it some of you people just don't get it?! I'm not taking about rape here. I'm talking about professional negotiations. You simply don't go into negotiations with your attitude. It's a give and take depending on leverage and the health of the company. Skywest Inc has proven itself not to be stupid enough to agree to a contract which will harm them. Let them do their job and our negotiators will do theirs to get us the best deal possible. How much simple must I say it for you to understand those basic concepts?

Anyways, Skywest is better off for having bought XJT.;)

Why is it some of you people just don't get it?! I'm not taking about rape here. I'm talking about professional negotiations. You simply don't go into negotiations with your attitude. It's a give and take depending on leverage and the health of the company. Skywest Inc has proven itself not to be stupid enough to agree to a contract which will harm them. Let them do their job and our negotiators will do theirs to get us the best deal possible. How much simple must I say it for you to understand those basic concepts?

How long have you been doing negotiations for?

Well, thats not entirely correct.

My best example, Vacation low on ASA PBS is burning the budget and the company cant get rid of it fast enough. They are regretting this one big.

So just think how much they'll love the XJT vacation rules and their line improvement where they all trade their 13 day off lines for 20 days off with full weekends and late duty ins! That's gonna go over real well!

My best example, Vacation low on ASA PBS is burning the budget and the company cant get rid of it fast enough. They are regretting this one big.

Neither vacation rules are going to bankrupt this company. The point is that they will not agree to anything that they dont want to agree to. They learn just as we do.

So just think how much they'll love the XJT vacation rules and their line improvement where they all trade their 13 day off lines for 20 days off with full weekends and late duty ins! That's gonna go over real well!

The flying gets covered by the same amount of pilots.

Last edited:

Thats what everyone keeps saying but didn't guys get the same amount of days off and credit with trip dropping via line bidding? Seems like when the company is in an overstaffed situation it wouldn't really matter to them.

Thats what everyone keeps saying but didn't guys get the same amount of days off and credit with trip dropping via line bidding? Seems like when the company is in an overstaffed situation it wouldn't really matter to them.

I'm getting significantly more time off in a vacation month and still get full MMG. That is a major improvement over contract 2007, which crippled touching trip drops with MMG proration. I'm sure that costs more money.

Even when overstaffed the company would prefer vacation pilots to fly more to lower everyone else's line value, thus reducing total payroll.

Too bad. For all the mistakes pilots have made in contract language, it is nice to have one company mistake in our favor.

Too bad. For all the mistakes pilots have made in contract language, it is nice to have one company mistake in our favor.

My sentiments exactly. When they exploit a loophole we failed to see they say "sorry, we are just complying with the CBA YOU all signed" We have NO leverage to close the loophole till the next contract so we are screwed.

Now that THEY failed to see the vacation low loophole they are crying about closing it ASAP.

TOO BAD!!!

My sentiments exactly. When they exploit a loophole we failed to see they say "sorry, we are just complying with the CBA YOU all signed" We have NO leverage to close the loophole till the next contract so we are screwed.

Now that THEY failed to see the vacation low loophole they are crying about closing it ASAP.

TOO BAD!!!

We'll give them vacation low back if they cap 4 days at 25% MAX and agree to at least 60% 3-on 4-off scheds!!

Latest resources

Back