• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA training dept. rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Again, since ASA is 1/2 part of Skywest, Inc.....and Skywest Inc bought XJT, it is safe to draw the logical parallel and say "we" when inferring the buying of XJT. Man, you guys are so damm touchy about that. Semantics.......

It is not safe to draw that illogical conclusion. "We" is just some of you guys trying to have an attitude that is not helpful to the combined pilot group. Once you can get past the "we bought you" mentality, then you will see us not be "touchy" about what we should strive for in negotiations and not settle for anything that is concessionary for either pilot group. Otherwise its some of you guys using that as an excuse to leverage yourselves over us in contract negotiations. We should be on the same side against the management team who bought both of us instead of trying to create artificial walls between us by continuing to throw out useless terms like "we bought you."

I don't think ASA was ever one half of Skywest Inc anyways.

I can tell you why I am angry. I think your guys are trying to dictate how things will be to our group.

That's funny, because XJT pilot could also cry foul that "you guys are trying to dictate how things will be to our pilot group blah blah blah......"

Sorry, but we bought you. You were in trouble. You want to screw the ASA instructors. Also you don't want PBS. Our guys do. We do have to compete. We have been whipsawed much longer than you guys.

Nevets was much more eloquent, but "you" didn't buy anybody. Inc has three separate airlines under it's umbrella.

And we are part of Inc., so our company (Inc) i.e "we" bought your company.

Express you got bought, now quit crying. At least now you have a future, and welcome to the game where "no pilot is a winner". Not saying that you have to settle, but to walk in chest thumping and screaming, me, me, me... will also not get the desired results in combining the two. HINT: Work these issues out together and not on your own!

BTW. The snobbish thing I observe from some Express people is beyond this world. 1. You still are a regional pilot. 2. When I got to ASA it was a much better place to work for then it was to work for at Express. That is why I picked ASA. The express jet contract has only been better for the last few years. All since ASA got sold by Delta.

And we are part of Inc., so our company (Inc) i.e "we" bought your company.

"We" is just some of you guys trying to have an attitude that is not helpful to the combined pilot group. Once you can get past the "we bought you" mentality, then you will see us not be "touchy" about what we should strive for in negotiations and not settle for anything that is concessionary for either pilot group. Otherwise its some of you guys using that as an excuse to leverage yourselves over us in contract negotiations. We should be on the same side against the management team who bought both of us instead of trying to create artificial walls between us by continuing to throw out useless terms like "we bought you."

Express you got bought, now quit crying. At least now you have a future, and welcome to the game where "no pilot is a winner". Not saying that you have to settle, but to walk in chest thumping and screaming, me, me, me... will also not get the desired results in combining the two. HINT: Work these issues out together and not on your own!

BTW. The snobbish thing I observe from some Express people is beyond this world. 1. You still are a regional pilot. 2. When I got to ASA it was a much better place to work for then it was to work for at Express. That is why I picked ASA. The express jet contract has only been better for the last few years. All since ASA got sold by Delta.

Keep in mind that the reason why supposedly we didn't have a future is because "you" undercut our CPA with CAL. Thanks for that future. "You" broke it, "you" buy it. Now quit crying about crying.

Sorry, I guess XJT has only been better for the past 7 years.

Last edited:
"We" is just some of you guys trying to have an attitude that is not helpful to the combined pilot group. Once you can get past the "we bought you" mentality, then you will see us not be "touchy" about what we should strive for in negotiations and not settle for anything that is concessionary for either pilot group. Otherwise its some of you guys using that as an excuse to leverage yourselves over us in contract negotiations. We should be on the same side against the management team who bought both of us instead of trying to create artificial walls between us by continuing to throw out useless terms like "we bought you."

Keep in mind that the reason why supposedly we didn't have a future is because "you" undercut our CPA with CAL. Thanks for that future. "You" broke it, "you" buy it. Now quit crying about crying.

Sorry, I guess XJT has only been better for the past 7 years.

Fact is you slid your own throat with CAL, you underestimated Skywest and lost sight of what could/was about to happen. That is when Skywest threw their left hook. Not to say that there was anything that you could've done, actually yes you could have.......but you did not!
Seven years? You must not be aware when they bought us.

Fact is you slid your own throat with CAL, you underestimated Skywest and lost sight of what could/was about to happen. That is when Skywest threw their left hook. Not to say that there was anything that you could've done, actually yes you could have.......but you did not!
Seven years? You must not be aware when they bought us.

Fact is you don't have your facts straight. Or maybe you care to show us by telling me specifically 1)how we slit our own throat, 2)how we under estimated SKW, 3)what could/was about to happen, 4)what left hook, and 5)what we could've done?

They bought ASA in 2005. XJT's contract was ratified almost 7 years ago though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back