• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA training dept. rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We could give them the world and if the deck is stacked against them, they'll lose money...

The problem is SKYW knows what they are doing.....I have no doubt in their abilities.

ASA Mgmt on the other hand is like a middle school kid playing at the world series of poker. So outclassed it's unbelievable. It's always been run by retards. Their foresight extends out to about 36 hours from now. They are only able to be reactive while chanting "we are awesome....super regional....we are awesome....we are awesome"

We have the deck stacked against us AND the company is managed by retards. THAT is why ASA cant become efficient.

They are sending out memos about how we are getting a "handle" on our performance numbers. It's nothing more than the end of the summer schedule and we've had decent weather lately.....It has NOTHING to do with skillful management like they seem to believe.

Gawd, check the bottom-of-the-barrel numbers on the website. Consistently last, or near to it. Every day. Meanwhile, we get memos about BS like whether or not we want name tags and hats.

To the ASA'ers on here- I'm not interested in bleeding for the Xjet guys and the retro pay they want from the concessions they gave up years ago.

Good point, I agree. More at the bottom. Are you SURE that the XJT side of the JNC is asking for retro, or is it just FI/crewroom/urban legend bullsh1t you beileve?

With that being said, I'm not interested in lowering the bar, or taking a pay cut. I'm also not interested in subsidizing this place with my own blood, and sweat. However, I am looking for a contract that improves QOL and allows me to pace the race........I'd rather finish for the long haul and have money in my pocket, than sprint a short distance to fall on my face in an unemployment line.

Well, what the hell do you think the XJT pilots want? Problem is, we've ALREADY done the things you outlined you have no interest in. Hence our reluctance to just roll over and take it like a b1tch. Whereas there's various pilots on the ASA side that LOVE LOVE LOVE falling on the fear grenade.

What Im afraid of, is that pilots ALWAYS think someone is bluffing or just trying to put fear into the pilot group. Past history has shown more often than not, that management was not bluffing. We shouldn't completely roll over, but we don't need to walk into the run puff chested all the time either. Ask Airtran pilots....

is that from all your years of experience in the airlines talkin' there 777 :laugh::laugh:

rookie :smash:

Last edited:
From a line guy's perspective, it seems to me that our union is all to happy to give the company what it wants in the form of MOU's and LOA's without the input of the membership. So long as they still get their Union pay, which has gone up lately, they seem to play by Management's book without putting up much of a fight any more. A perfect example is allowing the company to use things like ACARS and an autodialer for pilot notification. I'm all for keeping our company competitive but I also don't want the company to have such easy access to me that they can screw me any time their (short) staffing model isn't working out so well for them.

I think they are balancing things well. Have you talked to these guys? The reps. aren't getting "union pay". They fly the line just like you. They fly the line and put up with this BS from the XJT guys. I think we should support them.

Gee, I wonder if management is floating all this stuff to split our ranks?? Of course all of you are falling for it!!! BTW hoping the whole pilot group suffers because you might take a hit?? Nice!!

I'm getting this from ASA union reps., not management.

I guess I dont understand why all the ASA guys seem angry at our(XJT) union for wanting to better the contract. Better pay, better QOL, better everything. Is there honestly a reason why you guys do not want a better contract and just want to go with the status quo? If there is, I am all ears, but I just dont understand not wanting to get something better. That is what our pilot group wants so that is what our union is doing. The general consensus out on the line at XJT is that if it aint better, we aint voting for it.

I can tell you why I am angry. I think your guys are trying to dictate how things will be to our group. Sorry, but we bought you. You were in trouble. You want to screw the ASA instructors. Also you don't want PBS. Our guys do. We do have to compete. We have been whipsawed much longer than you guys.

Rumor around the training department here is that we may operate under separate contracts because it is getting so ugly between the 2 ALPA groups. Can that even happen? I thought we had come together. What the heck is going on? If what I heard is true about what the Expressjet proposal was for us instructors, I hope we don't combine. I would take a hit based on their proposal.

I honestly wouldn't care if they operate three separate airlines. Let them waste money doing that. I don't know what the proposal for you instructors although I have heard, years ago, that your instructor section is far more superior than ours. This was from an Ex MEC chair so I'm not sure I beleive your rumor. I hope that they at least get rid of the separate seniority lists for instructors. I hope that if we do combine, that you instructors get the best of both instructor sections of the contract. I can't see why the XJT MEC wouldn't want AT LEAST that much. I don't know, maybe its the whole seniority list issue.

Just curious. Where does a company get the money to pay huge contract gains when they are basically breaking even? I'm not saying I don't want it, or don't think we don't deserve it......but where do they get it? The basic problem is, they can't just charge Delta/UAL more money, because the rates are set. So, where does the money come from?

Skywest Inc (BR) said numerous times to the investors that Inc would save $35-70M a year after the merger is complete. Other than that, they should NOT come to employees to subsidize Skywest shareholders any further.

They fly the line and put up with this BS from the XJT guys.

What BS?

I can tell you why I am angry. I think your guys are trying to dictate how things will be to our group. Sorry, but we bought you. You were in trouble. You want to screw the ASA instructors. Also you don't want PBS. Our guys do. We do have to compete. We have been whipsawed much longer than you guys.

Last I checked, Skywest Inc bought all the outstanding shares of XJT and decided to merge its wholly owned subsidiary with XJT. And we were only in trouble because of JA undercutting our CPA with CAL. The irony is that they literally created our financial mess and now they are paying for it. I think the XJT MEC is open to PBS but it seems like your MEC is only willing to go with what you have now. So who is being more reasonable?

Again, since ASA is 1/2 part of Skywest, Inc.....and Skywest Inc bought XJT, it is safe to draw the logical parallel and say "we" when inferring the buying of XJT. Man, you guys are so damm touchy about that. Semantics.......

Latest resources

Back