• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Ta!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'd like to thank the CNC for a job well done!!

However, I don't trust JA/ASA management morons. Any reason to be suspicious about the sudden move?

Anything up their sleeve? Give those whiny pilots what they want, they'll be gone in 6 months anyway type stuff?

It's just that there hasn't been ANY good news around here for awhile and I don't trust the sudden "good will"

No sitting President is going to inconvience thousands of voting passengers just so a few hundred pilots can get 3 bucks an hour more, give me a break.

Remember you will still have the same idiot crew schedulers, and management.

Management will never agree to any contract they can't readily violate.

Read this TA very, very, very closely before voting for it. I'm willing to bet there will be some "ambiguous" language. With this management group you simply can't allow it. I remember being told I wasn't a "pilot", I was a "reserve pilot." This was in a clause that said "any pilot......" This issue came about after an unscheduled overnight and they wanted to extend me further.....since I wasn't a "pilot", I had to eat their $hit.

Don't get too excited just yet.

Man I think this thread creeped about 4 times already.......Congrats on some progress ASA pilots but the quoted thread is a good one.

Read every single word of that TA.........if it aint worth it - VOTE NO

The 5 years will be for nothing if it aint worth 5 years effort. MGT needs to be sent a message.........

Congrats again guys.

Congrats guys!!! Hopefully it's worth the 5 years that it took!! Best of luck in the future.....

Rule # 2

Congrats on your TA.

NOW STOP DISCUSSING IT ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

This should be rule number two (following rule # one about how to jumpseat) when you are first hired.

You do not have a contract yet, you merely have a TA. If you vote this down and want a better counter offer you might want to speak privately about what would make you happy next time around. This could be a great opportunity to further EMPOWER your negotiating comm. at the table.

STFU about your TA. If you just wait you will be able to brag about your new CONTRACT once its signed. Trust me, the rest of the industry is going to be listening.

I do not work for ASA or any other divisions of DAL.

Thanks to everyone, especially the CNC. Even though this is still not over. Hopefully there will be something to be said for holding the line.

Keep in mind that sometimes the NMB literaly forces a union CNC to agree to a TA that the NMB deems reasonable. If there is a strong no vote, you may be released to strike, but first the NMB may want to see that you actually vote down what they believe you will vote yes for. Either way though, its you guy's call. Best of luck.

Keep in mind that sometimes the NMB literaly forces a union CNC to agree to a TA that the NMB deems reasonable. If there is a strong no vote, you may be released to strike, but first the NMB may want to see that you actually vote down what they believe you will vote yes for. Either way though, its you guy's call. Best of luck.

I'll have to assume that since the entire MEC believes this is a "pretty good deal" and they have vowed to not "present a TA they deem less than what the ASA pilot group has demanded", the fact that they agreed to this TA proves they were not "forced" to agree to this.

All indications are that the MEC believes this to be a fair and acceptable deal.

For all the alpa cheerleaders and their "my MEC speaks for me" stickers. I guess they have said YES. My decision is made (for me).

Now, gimme' my bonus check before I leave.:)

Looking at the ALPA FastRead this morning, I think we just got our first hint that the company showed up to end it this time. Jerry Atkin himself showed up. I may be wrong, but I think that's the first time he's ever shown up. With his hatred for union's, it must have been very painful for him to actually have to negotiate with one.

Either way, SOMETHING BIGGER IS UP!!!

Keep in mind that sometimes the NMB literaly forces a union CNC to agree to a TA that the NMB deems reasonable.

Not true. The NMB can "strongly suggest" that the CNC accept a TA, but he can't force them to do anything. The result of ignoring his strong request would be getting "parked" for a period of time.

I suspect that what happened this time was the DAL execs calling up SGU and telling them to settle his danged thing so their operation can get back to normal.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back