• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Ta!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with rat. This is a pretty big day, not much other BS to talk about on flightinfo after this ... save JoeMerchant's penis size.

As for the sports talk, it doesn't belong here. So pack up the Trojan talk (I'm a Magnum guy myself, personally) and let's talk TA turkey.

I heard from a reliable source at the "Sofa King" store that they included a clause in the TA for a "Christmas Turkey for "Any Pilot" including "Reserve Pilot" that have been on duty for more than 170 days in the preceding year"

or as follow:

Seniority:
0-5 years: Turkey of 5 lb
6-10 years: Turkey of 12 lb
10-20 years: Turkey of 20 lb
20+ years: 50 lb of Ground turkey

Last edited:
My problem is that to many people here are dripping for the bonus money. NOT SEEING THE BIG PICTURE. We lived with out it for 5 years, slow down, an look around.

Ask... Neal "BluDevAv8r" ExpressJet has

1. Profit Sharing (with min pay req or increase pay rates)
2. Long and Short Call
3. Aggressive reserve pickup (reserve can pick up open time)
4. No trip rigs but same min day 3.75
5. Trip trading… Light-years ahead of most other airlines
6. Great res and line holder rules… better then CAL
7. Leg by Leg pay… I.E. 1st leg +45 over’s …2nd leg -30 min early… you are still+ 45mins for day of over’s.
4day trip worth 20hrs… Day one 1hr over’s and day 2 45mins over’s… and day 3 and 4 cancel you get paid 20hrs plus your overs on day 1&2= 21:45

I can go on…. But your pay still sucks and work rules except your rigs suck too….

And Express got Retro at Comair payrates (before paycut) for all hours flown... For 2001 hires .. about $10000-$14000 + based on hours paid

Raise the BAR

Last edited:
Ask... Neal "BluDevAv8r" ExpressJet has

1. Profit Sharing (with min pay req or increase pay rates)
2. Long and Short Call
3. Aggressive reserve pickup (reserve can pick up open time)
4. No trip rigs but same min day 3.75
5. Trip trading… Light-years ahead of most other airlines
6. Great res and line holder rules… better then CAL
7. Leg by Leg pay… I.E. 1st leg +45 over’s …2nd leg -30 min early… you are still+ 45mins for day of over’s.
4day trip worth 20hrs… Day one 1hr over’s and day 2 45mins over’s… and day 3 and 4 cancel you get paid 20hrs plus your overs on day 1&2= 21:45

I can go on…. But your pay still sucks and work rules except your rigs suck too….

You haven't even seen the TA and yet you are already an expert at it? Guess what, we have items 1-7 (actually #7 we had in our 1998 contract... which probably enabled you to get it in your 2004 one). Also our min day and duty rigs apply to reserves, and the rigs are on a daily basis so they will pay out (unlike the Comair ones that rarely come into play).

Trust me, our CNC saw what was wrong with our peer airlines' contracts and fixed it. The pay rates may or may not meet people's expectations, but the contract as a whole is industry leading. I'd expect nothing less!

You haven't even seen the TA and yet you are already an expert at it? Guess what, we have items 1-7 (actually #7 we had in our 1998 contract... which probably enabled you to get it in your 2004 one). Also our min day and duty rigs apply to reserves, and the rigs are on a daily basis so they will pay out (unlike the Comair ones that rarely come into play).

To pick a nit... as I understand it, this provision is gone in the new Section 13. It's on a trip basis... no longer leg for leg.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back