Asa Ta!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bush doesn't know who ASA is you idiot.

No, but the anti-labor scumbags that he appointed to the NMB certainly do.

Keep your head in the sand about how politics affects your career if you'd like, though.

I am plenty aware of how they affect me, stick to the DC-9, the B-717 might be a little too advanced for you.

I get the distinct impression that lace-up shoes might be a little too complex for you.

Wow

Don't forget about our pilots too!! All a collective effort in not giving up.

Putting this down here as not to hijack the thread...
Yes he did get benched. Carson Palmer didn't have a stellar start either, look at what he's doing. Matt is arguably the best COLLEGE FOOTBALL QB in the history of the sport. He'll come along, you can't jump into the NFL and expect to be GREAT. Brett Favre took awhile to develop, Matt will too. He needs a team built around him and it will come along. The tougher the competition, the better Matt does.

Trojan

Wow-

I guess I clicked on the "regional football" thread. Who the hell else cares about USC?

-Not me......

P.S.-All the forgoing statements also apply to my left nut.

Last edited:
Hey my friend, I'm not starting a pi**ing contest with you, but your rhetorts are pretty ridiculous. Just take some time to read over the past two pages what you are saying.

Hey my friend, I'm not starting a pi**ing contest with you, but your rhetorts are pretty ridiculous. Just take some time to read over the past two pages what you are saying.

I'm well aware of what I'm saying. Many pilots don't want to accept that the President and his party are largely to blame for the problems we face in this profession. Most pilots are staunch conservatives, so they have a very hard time admitting that the Republican party is the cause of their labor woes. I know; I was the same way for years. After spending years doing ALPA work and seeing how this process really works, it has become abundantly clear to me just how heavily the system has been weighted against us by the Bush administration. It's not that he has anything against a certain pilot group, or even against a certain profession; he's simply extremely pro-management, and he believes that a strong labor movement is detrimental to business. Because of that, he has stacked the deck against us. His NMB is the reason that you've been in negotiations for 5 years, and it's the reason that we at AirTran are in our 3rd year, the reason that PCL has been in negotiations for 3 years, and so on. As long as Bush and people like him are in office, we will never have the leverage to make real progress in this profession. It all comes back to politics.

I'm not sticking up for this president in any regard, and last time I checked this industry was going into the swirly bowl before he got into office. By the way, didn't your pilot group kick out your head union reps because they were not looking out for your best interests?

Last edited:
I'm not sticking up for this president in any regard, and last time I checked this industry was going into the swirly bowl before he got into office.

Absolutely. The financial problems of the airlines are their own doing. The ensuing problems that labor has faced as a result of management trying to make us shoulder all of the burden have been a direct result of this President's anti-labor mentality, however.

By the way, didn't your pilot group kick out your head union reps because they were not looking out for your best interests?

Yep. How does that apply? I'm missing your point.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back