• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Asa Ta!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been at ASA for about a month and your telling me I won't get a check for $7600? You mean that they won't divide $13.5 by 1700 pilots and split it ?

I know I only have been here for a month but doesn't my 200TT, 20 MEL have any pull to get me more money?

You'd be good for about $220......

Extra Christmas cash

I've been at ASA for about a month and your telling me I won't get a check for $7600? You mean that they won't divide $13.5 by 1700 pilots and split it ?

I know I only have been here for a month but doesn't my 200TT, 20 MEL have any pull to get me more money?

That is some good sarcasm WWW. Quit making fun of our new pilots!

Trojan

Nice try.....

Change your screen name first like JB so no one knows who you are.

I'm just a ER grad that got stuck on the ATR. I'm too good to fly a TProp. I didn't go to college to fly a TProp. I should be on the jet. I should get $7600.

Thats one of the most uninformed comments I have ever seen here, and that is saying something.

I've been called a lot of things, but never uninformed. If you knew me, you would understand this.

My point is you can't look to the government to cure all of you problems. A release is no magic bullet, you will do better to have your hands on the company. If you are released the company is free to replace you and transfer your aircraft. Granted there is a pilot shortage, but a strike is less desireable to a serious slow down.

People can't punish their boss, so they look to the Govt. to cure all things. This is a flacid mistake.

You guys are pathetic! Slobbering all over yourselves for a dollar here, dollar there.

$13.5 mil "signing bonus," divided by 1700 pilots averages less than $8000 per pilot, for a 5-year struggle?! You guys are worth much more than that.

An "industry-leading contract?" Doesn't mean much when you lead the "industry" by $0.50 per hour. You guys are worth much more than that.

Which regional is the most profitable in the industry? ASA. Which airlines are having trouble recruiting qualified pilots? All of them. You guys are worth much more than that.

You guys need to grow a sack, and vote this POS down. Get a real industry-leading contract that the others will have to match to be competitive in hiring and retaining qualified pilots.

If this POS is what gets you guys all giddy, I'm VERY glad I got out when I did.

You guys are worth much more than that.

Last edited:
You guys are pathetic! Slobbering all over yourselves for a dollar here, dollar there.

$13.5 mil "signing bonus," divided by 1700 pilots averages less than $8000 per pilot, for a 5-year struggle?! You guys are worth much more than that.

An "industry-leading contract?" Doesn't mean much when you lead the "industry" by $0.50 per hour. You guys are worth much more than that.

Which regional is the most profitable in the industry? ASA. Which airlines are having trouble recruiting qualified pilots? All of them. You guys are worth much more than that.

You guys need to grow a sack, and vote this POS down. Get a real industry-leading contract that the others will have to match to be competitive in hiring and retaining qualified pilots.

If this POS is what gets you guys all giddy, I'm VERY glad I got out when I did.

You guys are worth much more than that.
Sadly enough, the guys who negotiate/vote that in don't feel the same way.
They feel they should take little by little, let the next airline thats comming up next in negotiation get a little bit more and so on.
Right now no one is in bankruptcy, seats are full and airlines are making hand over fist cash. It's almost as if the ones negotiating feel that management should be the ones making all the money. I agree, they should be making some cash. But so should the pilots. The pilots, ramp, dispatch and scheduling are the ones to be thanked when you have a 100% completion days. Ontime performances, and luggage where it's supposed to be.
Not management. They sit in a office all day, they're not out there pushing airplanes, throwing bags or anything else.....but yet they get paid for all the work.
This "little by little" attitude doesnn't work for myself and some others.
What do we have to show for all the hardwork we do to make management "look good"? Profit sharing? Whipdeedoo! An email saying "Congrats on the 100% completion!"....Yeah, that pays the bills. Or even better yet, when you push ontime and the RIDS says ONTIME, OUTSTANDING!
Maybe you can live with being able to tell others "We have a leading industry contract" .....but when it comes down to $.90/hr and come duty rigs to be figured out......It ain't much to be proud of. I know you guys haven't had anything in the last 5yrs, just don't settle for something, just to have it.
Ball is in the Pilots court. You've already showed them who runs the airline by HAVOC....Get what you deserve.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back