ASA proposed pay scale!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
Why would SkyWest burn $400 million in aquisition costs and then want you to go away? That makes no sense. They just want you to be their Low Cost Biatch. Welcome to the new industry. EVERYONE will get a pay cut.

Bye Bye--General Lee

For the same reason Delta bought Comair for $2billion, and now scew us into the ground, because the can, and ALPA (spit on the ground) just lets it happen.
Did you read that crap the dwane put in the alpa mag, "comair must stand up to the pay to play" bullsh!t. He invented it, he is the one who signs off on every alpa contract, he is the one who signed off on mesa's contract. Now it is up to comair to take another stand to try to fix the mess that mainline and alpa make. You idiots are just as dangerous as mgt.

ohplease! said:
yeah, just like Kim. She's done a good job if you ask me.

What would you do if you ran out of clean cloths on a trip? Wear dirty ones? I'd wash them somewhere, and have more than once, even if it was in the sink.

Well no one asked you but as you usually do you've opened your mouth.

And I bet you carry your spare pair of underwear in your flight bag or your mom brings them to you.

Texx said:
Well no one asked you but as you usually do you've opened your mouth.

And I bet you carry your spare pair of underwear in your flight bag or your mom brings them to you.
nah man, I go commando. saves on laundry.

I didn't see where anyone asked for your opinion either so i guess we're even.

Still waiting to buy you a coffee or something someday.......

Gentleman,

I left ASA (and aviation) because I simply couldn't stand this labor/mgmt bull$hit.

I think every pilot needs to put a dollar value and minimum QOL for which they are willing to work. If mgmnt meets that, great. If not, then as an individual (in my case) or as a group, you need to walk.

You have been toyed with, blamed, stolen from, lied to, told yes/no in the same sentence. ASA management has struggled in every sense to run this airline, it's no wonder they are desperate for a scapegoat--guess what, you are it.

From a former ASA (ultra-militant) pilot, who now has MUCH lower blood pressure, and misc. malaise, I am here to tell you there ARE greener pastures. There ARE options for livelihood outside of ASA and aviation.

If you fight for a good contract, only to have flying and/or airplanes transferred to Mesa/CHQ/ whoever, so be it.

In the end concessions didn't work with Hitler, they won't work with ASA.....get what you derserve.

AVoiceOfReason said:
I'll take Dillon, Hall, and Tutt over Danny, Nelson and Bubba anyday. I guess if you don't automatically believe everthing the union says, you must be management.

Tell you what, I'll take George and John over any of these.

They were assholes but knew how to make money. They were assholes but didnt lie to your face. They would just say tell you to blow. They eventually caved under pressure both from the pilots....Contract '98 and then from Delta....crap performance, either let us buy you or your out and destitute. George and John chose to become richer and sold out to delta...wise choice.

PS the crap performance was due to similar management philosophies that exist today...and alot of the same people too.

If I put all of the information though a fact and common sense analyzer, it does not take a rocket scientist...maybe a Wendy's counter person...to figger out that generally what ASA ALPA is putting out is in my interest and passes the smell test, what LiarBreque is putting out is sheer ass-excretions.

'roadmap' Geeezuz!

AVoiceOfReason said:
I had a union rep. tell me last week that we weren't asking for much. Now I hear we still have our opener for payrates on the table - a 19% pay raise and the highest amongst DCI carriers. I don't believe either side anymore.

Are you only paying attention to managements shrill caterwalling? It seems so. The original ALPA proposal has been in their hands for almost a year.

Ah screw this......How much do you think is reasonable Mr 'Voice of Reason'?

PS...Save the were all going bankrupt routine. WE are not. So i am not going to behave like we are or accept a BS agreement that acknowleges a non-reality.

I sure would hate to lose a flying job but if it means working for nothing I choose to move on. ASA pilots are some of the best, just look at our safety record and if mgt. and the public can't respect that and pay use enough to live on, then the heck with this.

I will just move on! It is hard enough to go to work not being appricated now, I can't imagin what it would feel like with pay cuts. Get real, most of use are willing to move on and do something else.

This would of been harder to take a few years ago, but we have had enough time to think about this. If you don't appricate our skills and don't want to pay for them then get some other unsafe, no-experience pilot to do this job. When ASA's safety record goes down the toilet, they will think twice.

ohplease! said:
yeah, just like Kim. She's done a good job if you ask me. Much better than many of the previous CP's we've had. I have no doubt that situation was taken completly our of context. But taking things out of context is the only way for guy's like you to make the situations fit your conspiracy theories.

what would you do if you ran out of clean cloths on a trip? Wear dirty ones? I'd wash them somewhere, and have more than once, even if it was in the sink. Most places we stay overnight have guest laundry or theres a laundry nearby.

Ok, if you are actually going to defend her in this dispicable episode, you have something in it for you. You are either Kim or another above her that took heat for this and want it to go away into spin land.

This pilot learned the hard way that:
1. You cant depend on your fellow employees in other departments to do their job and follow proceedure...they lost his bag.
2. You cant depend on your 'supervision' to help you...find your bag.

You CAN depend on this management to:

1. Do absolutely nothing to help you if they have a convenient thing in mind like "wash your underwear out in the sink and dont make this flight late"...competion factor and on-time and all that...
2. Blame you and discipine you and financially penalize YOU because someone else lost YOUR bag.

Gold Star operation set for success if you ask me.

Go back to the GO

goodto50meters said:
Ok, if you are actually going to defend her in this dispicable episode, you have something in it for you. You are either Kim or another above her that took heat for this and want it to go away into spin land.

This pilot learned the hard way that:
1. You cant depend on your fellow employees in other departments to do their job and follow proceedure...they lost his bag.
2. You cant depend on your 'supervision' to help you...find your bag.

You CAN depend on this management to:

1. Do absolutely nothing to help you if they have a convenient thing in mind like "wash your underwear out in the sink and dont make this flight late"...competion factor and on-time and all that...
2. Blame you and discipine you and financially penalize YOU because someone else lost YOUR bag.

Gold Star operation set for success if you ask me.

Go back to the GO

Common sense! Your right this is probably Kim.

Latest resources

Back