ASA proposed pay scale!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Crash Pad said:
Ok stop with this garbage. Other than PNCL making a smoking hole for no reason who are the bad pilots in the industry.
Seems like every other week we hit a taxi light at BTR. I know it's a little thing but the "best dam' pilots in the business" don't make mental errors on taxi in.

Oh c'mon Crashpad (aka as Dillion?). BTR taxi layout is a big contributing factor here as other airlines have also taxied off into the grass. Really no excuse for running off into the grass, but at least acknowledge that BTR airport bears some responsibility here as well. See ya Wed Bob!

Hoser

Huck said:
TELL me you guys aren't talking like this in front of management - not during negotiations.

Huck: That's just management (aka Hall,Dillion,who knows who else) making those posts. Trying to scare some of our pilots out there. Believe me, the majority of ASA pilots can see through these posts.

I mean, c'mon, who else would defend CP Kim telling a pilot to just wash his skivies out in the hotel sink with System CP Hall backing her up by suspending the guy for a week. But thanks to our MEC Chair, BA, the pilot in question was made whole again with VP Tutt's help.

Hoser

General Lee said:
Why would SkyWest burn $400 million in aquisition costs and then want you to go away? That makes no sense. They just want you to be their Low Cost Biatch. Welcome to the new industry. EVERYONE will get a pay cut.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I doubt SKW wants the ASA pilots or the airline. They bought and are only interested in the flying and possibly the aircraft.

Same as Republic buying MidAtlantic, only with a different twist.

Not management. I'm a very pesimistic pilot. I think ALPA is not only stupid (putting that billboard in front of the airport) but also incompetent (see flightinfo.com for the last couple years).
The only reason I like management is because they are easy to figure out. They are trying to make money for the shareholders. I know that if we get too much of a raise we will see our flying go away. Maybe not today or tomorrow but it will go. I know that at DAL, United, CAL, etc... they sit in a meating and say lets fly from point A to point B... they then walk over to the regional store and select the cheapest option off the shelf. I'm not saying be the cheapest but you don't want to be anywhere near top end.
Management has acted the consistently for years. I like predictable easy to understand things.
Scheduling same thing. Easy to understand. I need a flight filled. How can I fill it with the least amount of work. Understand that. You will soon understand how to improve your QOL.
ALPA impossible to understand. Make a pilot like an electrician. I call a teamsters electrician I'm going to get charged a rate. Bing end of discussion. ALPA has allowed companies to use pilots as a competative advantage.
Tell me why do you all take ALPA propaganda at face value. ALPA has been full of sh!t for years. Running around the crew room screaming management this and that. Hey ALPA got a plan? How about you send me another mailing. Put up a billboard... Or how about this stop signing contracts like the one at Mesa. Find out what an RJ pilot is worth. Your a Union find an accountant and come up with a number. Make that the universal RJ wage. I know it won't be Horizon but it won't be Mesa either. Then let the companies sort it out.

Crash Pad said:
Not management. I'm a very pesimistic pilot. I think ALPA is not only stupid (putting that billboard in front of the airport) but also incompetent (see flightinfo.com for the last couple years).
The only reason I like management is because they are easy to figure out. They are trying to make money for the shareholders. I know that if we get too much of a raise we will see our flying go away. Maybe not today or tomorrow but it will go. I know that at DAL, United, CAL, etc... they sit in a meating and say lets fly from point A to point B... they then walk over to the regional store and select the cheapest option off the shelf. I'm not saying be the cheapest but you don't want to be anywhere near top end.
Management has acted the consistently for years. I like predictable easy to understand things.
Scheduling same thing. Easy to understand. I need a flight filled. How can I fill it with the least amount of work. Understand that. You will soon understand how to improve your QOL.
ALPA impossible to understand. Make a pilot like an electrician. I call a teamsters electrician I'm going to get charged a rate. Bing end of discussion. ALPA has allowed companies to use pilots as a competative advantage.
Tell me why do you all take ALPA propaganda at face value. ALPA has been full of sh!t for years. Running around the crew room screaming management this and that. Hey ALPA got a plan? How about you send me another mailing. Put up a billboard... Or how about this stop signing contracts like the one at Mesa. Find out what an RJ pilot is worth. Your a Union find an accountant and come up with a number. Make that the universal RJ wage. I know it won't be Horizon but it won't be Mesa either. Then let the companies sort it out.

Another management shill. Get back to work. There is work to be done at the GO.

I'll quit in a minute, but let me just say I think the world of BA. I flew with him a bunch back when we had BAe-146's. An excellent captain and one of the funniest people I've met.

When DAL pulled out of Chatanooga (as well as other places) and replaced MD80s with -146s, the city just came unglued, with editorials and letters to the editor trashing us daily in the paper. One paper editor took it as a personal mission to rile up the citizenry against us, and hostility was in the air anytime we boarded a full CHA flight (Capt. 'Beyull' J. was once chased down concourse T by a mob after he cancelled a CHA departure for weather).

I was taxiing out one morning at CHA with BA, 88 people griping back there and being mean to the FA, when we got a ground hold.

BA's eyes lit up and he grabbed the mike. "Let me do the PA!" He proceeded to tell the pax that we were being delayed because Atlanta liked to meter the flow of traffic from "little bitty towns" into the big city. He put down the mike and we laughed for 5 minutes.

Oh and a few months later they switched CHA to an ATR....

Crash Pad said:
Talked to my buddy at CHQ the other day. Happy as a clam. Upgraded on the E170 in a year and a half. Making more than anyone at ASA who has been here for 3+ years. (I don't think we have captains under that)...
My point is this. The only people talking about bottomfeeders and making a stand are us. Check the board I see ASA on here daily but hardly ever see MESA or CHQ etc. So make your stand. They will take your flying and be happy with it. While your job hunting they'll be getting better lines.

A CHQ pilot making more than an ASA pilot and we have to worry about loosing flying. HAHAHAHAHAHA

CMR was in that position and that is now changing.

Remember, it's easy to get to the top. The hard part is remaining there.

Crash Pad said:
Ok stop with this garbage. Other than PNCL making a smoking hole for no reason who are the bad pilots in the industry.
Seems like every other week we hit a taxi light at BTR. I know it's a little thing but the "best dam' pilots in the business" don't make mental errors on taxi in.

deleted, already mentioned

Last edited:
If ASA can get a release and if you have the actual unity and courage to walk out and stick to your guns, in less than 60 days you'll have Skywest making a reasonable proposal or looking at Chapter 11. Maybe that's what they need.

Latest resources

Back