• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA proposed pay scale!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
:mad:You got that right surplus! They are not used to having a pilot group with a SAY in what happens. When we strike, it won't be for long, Skwyst does not have enough money to lose what....10-12 million a day! Alright, maybe 8-10 mill a day. JA better pay attention from SGU or he might have 160 plus airplanes sitting idle!

ASA pilots ARE UNITED enough to go on STRIKE!! Bring On the Strike Vote Baby!!:uzi:

Freebrd said:
Yeah, keep that 19% alive there Hall,uh, Dillion, uh, Tutt????
We deserve more than 19%, but you fail to mention that's an older offer. Let's wait and see what our CNC proposes in a week or two, then you management types can crow all you want. BTW, what's the bonus yall management types are promised IF you can get this done by March?

Freebrd,
I have been supporting ALPA and have participated in several picketing sessions. However, it is your hardcore union attitudes that make me think twice about who I support. I have been here a long time and I believe that things at ASA are moving in the right direction. I believe SKYW management is the best management in the regional industry. I am looking forward to ALPA and managements proposals to move this forward.

goodto50meters said:
Tell you what, I'll take George and John over any of these.

They were assholes but knew how to make money. They were assholes but didnt lie to your face. They would just say tell you to blow. They eventually caved under pressure both from the pilots....Contract '98 and then from Delta....crap performance, either let us buy you or your out and destitute. George and John chose to become richer and sold out to delta...wise choice.

PS the crap performance was due to similar management philosophies that exist today...and alot of the same people too.

If I put all of the information though a fact and common sense analyzer, it does not take a rocket scientist...maybe a Wendy's counter person...to figger out that generally what ASA ALPA is putting out is in my interest and passes the smell test, what LiarBreque is putting out is sheer ass-excretions.

'roadmap' Geeezuz!

Enough said! If you would rather return to the dark days of G&J, then you are truly an idiot. Things are much better now. Some people just can't stand it when things improve - they want that constant union/management battle to continue. Keep it up guys and you will lose more support.

goodto50meters said:
Are you only paying attention to managements shrill caterwalling? It seems so. The original ALPA proposal has been in their hands for almost a year.

Ah screw this......How much do you think is reasonable Mr 'Voice of Reason'?

PS...Save the were all going bankrupt routine. WE are not. So i am not going to behave like we are or accept a BS agreement that acknowleges a non-reality.

We aren't going BK. We are making money. However I also realize that our company only provides lift for two carriers that are in BK (UAL and DAL). Those carriers are going to make decisions on who gets their business based on cost. I don't like it, but that is a fact. What I think is reasonable is irrelevant. What is relevant is what DAL thinks is best for it.

~~~^~~~ said:
If had been ASA, the safety department would have alleged that they backed in at 180% torque, then continued, after landing without a clearance, with an MP3 player and DVD Display showing Rocky VII. The training department would be preparing slides for publication. At Delta they are much more discreet and professional.

I've noticed that ASA "Safety" is about as low-class as it gets. I can't fathom who gives a $h1t about how a runway incursion happened. People make mistakes, but the "safety" department must justify thier jobs by writing a three-page scientific analysis on why the crew turned right instead of left. The ASA G.O. are a sorry excuse for a redneck hoedown, and a day doesn't go by that they don't make a point of it.

Last edited:
AVoiceOfReason said:
Enough said! If you would rather return to the dark days of G&J, then you are truly an idiot. Things are much better now. Some people just can't stand it when things improve - they want that constant union/management battle to continue. Keep it up guys and you will lose more support.

I did not say that I WANTED George and John back, I said I would take them over the management you mentioned. If I were to say I wanted G&J back, well then you would be right, I would be a bonafide idiot. I certainly do not want them back or any of those others.

If you want to ask what I want though, well even if you dont I'll tell you anyway. What I want is a management that values all of us, treats us like reputable companies treat their people, dont lie to me, dont try to game out my contract with the hired henchmen outside attorneys, steal my negotiated quality of life, and last but not least, steal my money with BS payroll incompetence.

The best days were when Dan Waters was VP. That was the closest we have come to a decent management. Of course he got forced out...too pilot friendly and all...

The first shots fired in the battle were and are continually fired by the people inhabiting the GO and their henchmen whom they pay. Peace will break out when they become reputable and act like great companies act.

~~~^~~~ said:
The training department would be preparing slides for publication. At Delta they are much more discreet and professional.

You obviously have no idea what your are talking about.

AVoiceOfReason said:
We aren't going BK. We are making money. However I also realize that our company only provides lift for two carriers that are in BK (UAL and DAL). Those carriers are going to make decisions on who gets their business based on cost. I don't like it, but that is a fact. What I think is reasonable is irrelevant. What is relevant is what DAL thinks is best for it.

Cost or margin? Delta is only going to pay a certain cost plus a profit. What SkyAsa does with the profit is their business. Using part of it to pay employees is just business whether it is a payrate or profitsharing, even if it is outside the little LaBrecque "box".

What you think is reasonable is very relevant. You have the power to say NO to going below a certain amount. How low will you go before you say no? Is it where your rates are now, or is that number somewhat above or below that?

Seriously, what is your bottom line? Everyone has a price before they say the hell with this and do something else for a living right?

Happy New Year.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back