ASA proposed pay scale!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MXAV8R

The new proposed pay scale posted on FLICA is totally uacceptable!!
Not only that but and insult to the pilot group.

ASA wants to pay us LESS than almost every other airline out there!!

STIKE VOTE - YES

Yes - but we have the best Crew Schedulers and Planing Managers in the industry. So we will make up in per diem what we don't earn while we are working. That BTR three day that pays 3 hours of block will earn you $50 in per diem while your crew enjoys $2,000 in hotel room costs.

So, I guess we are not only going to have to find second jobs, we need a second job we can perform from a Motel... er' um' .... time for me to get buff again... which is hard to do when you live off of those peanuts and granola bars.

Last edited:
One of the things I just heard about the companies proposal was that per diem stay at $1.50 but they will pay $3.00 for international. Except Canada and Mexico.

That about sums up the companies attitude towards giving us things in the contract.

Dudes...............We are F*@ked on this! Mgmnt is showing their teeth here, and I'm not sure they are backing down! With proposals like these, I suspect SKW wants to get rid of us 'problem childs' and is directing LiarBreque to force us into a strike and non-existance. I mean, be real..........to say your ready to get a deal done, and come out with these proposals is ludicrious! That said, the rates ALPA proposed were pretty rediculous too! 19% increases at this time is stupid to put on the table. This is a hugh stalemate, with neither side coming from reality. Anyway, SKYW wants to make us cheap lift, a la Mesa so they can grow, on the back of labor.

I dont see a good ending for this. I keep saying look at ACA, Mesaba and even Comair. This is going to end badly. Management, I think has been told to get a low cost regional costs here at ASA, or shut it down. The next shot will be the closure of SLC, with the transfer of those 700's to SKW, meaning a shrinkage of ASA. Coupled with the ATR retiring and possibly the retiring of a bunch of 200's a la Comair and who cares what we make here! ASA will only be a shell of its former self, with only the people willing to work for what they offer left!

Why would SkyWest burn $400 million in aquisition costs and then want you to go away? That makes no sense. They just want you to be their Low Cost Biatch. Welcome to the new industry. EVERYONE will get a pay cut.

Bye Bye--General Lee

None of this is personal. It is called negotiations. I am surprised the company posted it on flica. But that is called communications.

voting yes--on strike--but we are carrying more people than ever--look in the crew room...

Yeah close us down--people will just trash their investment...you know what I mean..........

Remember, it's the company stating ALPA wants 19%. The company proposed in their offer last week to freeze 200 & ATR pay, and an average 8% cut for the 700. I don't know where the company is getting the 19%, although it could be from our opener 3+ years ago, when times were better in this industry. ASA ALPA hasn't countered yet, so don't get worked up over this.

And, I think the company is throwing that out there to get yall worked up. The company was po'd that ALPA communicated the last negotiation proceedings to us, the pilot group. So, perhaps they're trying to get their shot in. We'll see what happens this month when negoiations begin again.

Hoser

I'm prepared to bring management my reality. I will not work here for those daylabor rates. Management's proposal is transparent. I will be more than happy to shut this Mesa Wannabe "airline". Vote YES, and if ASA goes into the history books, it may be the best thing that ever happens to us. Send the used car salesman to his next third-world "airline" job.

I VOTE YES.

Latest resources

Back