ASA proposed pay scale!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cost savings

THEY NEED TO LOOK ELSEWHERE FOR COST SAVINGS FIRST. Come to our group last, after you can show me how many areas you have addressed to save money and be more efficient.

Last edited:
1. Why did I have to see the proposed rates from ALPA on FLICA? Why didn't the union publish them?

2. Why have the ALPA reps. been telling me that we aren't asking for much? If those rates are any indication, we are asking for quite a bit.

Don't get me wrong, I love those rates - however under the current situation, I believe they are as unreasonable as the companies position. I am having a difficult time believing either side.

Crash Pad said:
ALPA- $45.00 second year FO... How come no one thinks that might be a little high. I get it the company low balled but ALPA was excessive.
I'm shooting for an exact replica of Skywest. I think they have the work rules you all want. For those of you burn it down types that don't have your resume on the street I suggest you shop it around a little. You might be surprised.

Exactly, the company low balled and ALPA overshot. Actually, the way things are going, our current rates won't look too bad after CMR and Mesaba take paycuts.

Freebrd said:
ALPA- $45.00 second year FO... How come no one thinks that might be a little high. I get it the company low balled but ALPA was excessive.

CrashPad= Management! That you Dillon? Hall? Tutt? LaConfused?

I'll take Dillon, Hall, and Tutt over Danny, Nelson and Bubba anyday. I guess if you don't automatically believe everthing the union says, you must be management.

79%N1 said:
OK, I see your point. However, if they are indeed up against the wall and in need of completing the contract quickly, as they say.......then, why such a lowball offer. I think that they have been given a number from SkyW and they must meet it or they will turn the screw to us, a la ACA, AirWis, Mesaba and Comair. I'm no management koolaid guy, but I think Im beginning to see they can drastically shrink us and pump in more CHQ, Mesa or Comair if THEY tow the line. Either way, I dont think I'll want to work here anymore!

Why should we take cuts if our costs are already lessthan CMR, SKYW and MESA? Have they shown you our costs in their proposal? No they have not. They know that if they do you will see that we are already at the bottom and you want to go lower?

AVoiceOfReason said:
I'll take Dillon, Hall, and Tutt over Danny, Nelson and Bubba anyday. I guess if you don't automatically believe everthing the union says, you must be management.

Hall is in the same class as Chuck T.

Texx said:
Hall is in the same class as Chuck T.

I disagree. Hall came and spoke to our recurrent class and while I can't agree with everything he said, most of it was much better than we are used to hearing. For example, he said captains don't need to call a chief pilot if they don't feel the weather is safe and dispatch is trying to get them to go anyway. He said if the captain doesn't feel it is safe, that is the end of discussion. Definately not what we used to hear, and definately not something Chuckles would say.

AVoiceOfReason said:
I disagree. Hall came and spoke to our recurrent class and while I can't agree with everything he said, most of it was much better than we are used to hearing. For example, he said captains don't need to call a chief pilot if they don't feel the weather is safe and dispatch is trying to get them to go anyway. He said if the captain doesn't feel it is safe, that is the end of discussion. Definately not what we used to hear, and definately not something Chuckles would say.

But he didn't give you the complete answer.

You will be contacted by the CP for your side of the story.

So it really isn't the end of the story. You just don't know what is taking place behind the door.

If your worried about this kind of problem you need to grow a set.

AVoiceOfReason said:

Yeah, that's impresive for him to say. That's been the policy for the 5 1/2 years I've been here. But you had better have a good reason for thinking it's unsafe when doing your carpet dance.

Hall is too new to this company to be saying the things he is saying. He needs to get an understanding of the whole 3 1/2 yr situation and not just the few months he has been here.

Heard the other day that he was saying the scheduling section was almost complete. However, I heard from our CNC chairman that it is maybe 50% done. If that is almost done to him then we have a long way to go.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back