ASA proposed pay scale!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Texx said:
But he didn't give you the complete answer.

You will be contacted by the CP for your side of the story.

quote]

so what if you have to talk to a CP? They're not gonna kill ya' and eat ya'. They need to know both sides of the story so they'll have all the info they need for the morning meeting. I guarantee you they will back YOU up if it is a reasonable refusal. You'd be surprised at some of the things that dispatch/scheduling will tell them when you refuse a flight. Or maybe you wouldn't be surprised.

ohplease! said:
They're not gonna kill ya' and eat ya'. They need to know both sides of the story so they'll have all the info they need for the morning meeting. I guarantee you they will back YOU up if it is a reasonable refusal. You'd be surprised at some of the things that dispatch/scheduling will tell them when you refuse a flight. Or maybe you wouldn't be surprised.

Like Kim, a CP, telling a pilot to wash his underwear out in the hotel sink since a station lost his bag.

Scott has stated that the line pilots are held to a higher standard then his own Chief Pilots!

Yeah, he's smart as a stick.

Texx said:
But he didn't give you the complete answer.

You will be contacted by the CP for your side of the story.

So it really isn't the end of the story. You just don't know what is taking place behind the door.

If your worried about this kind of problem you need to grow a set.

Actually, I don't have a problem with it. If a CP wants to call me to hear my side of the story before flight control makes up some BS about what happened - that's a good thing. I've said NO several times and never had any problems with the chiefs. I just agree with Scott, that once the Capt. says no, it doesn't matter what dispatch says. I've noticed a change in Flight Control and Scheduling since they went under Flight Operations - and it has been a change for the better. Perfect no, better yes. I've learned that you should praise those who are trying to improve things - lest they return to the old way.

GO AROUND said:
Heard the other day that he was saying the scheduling section was almost complete. However, I heard from our CNC chairman that it is maybe 50% done. If that is almost done to him then we have a long way to go.

I had a union rep. tell me last week that we weren't asking for much. Now I hear we still have our opener for payrates on the table - a 19% pay raise and the highest amongst DCI carriers. I don't believe either side anymore.

AVoiceOfReason said:
I had a union rep. tell me last week that we weren't asking for much. Now I hear we still have our opener for payrates on the table - a 19% pay raise and the highest amongst DCI carriers. I don't believe either side anymore.

Yeah, keep that 19% alive there Hall,uh, Dillion, uh, Tutt????
We deserve more than 19%, but you fail to mention that's an older offer. Let's wait and see what our CNC proposes in a week or two, then you management types can crow all you want. BTW, what's the bonus yall management types are promised IF you can get this done by March?

Texx said:
Like Kim, a CP, telling a pilot to wash his underwear out in the hotel sink since a station lost his bag.

yeah, just like Kim. She's done a good job if you ask me. Much better than many of the previous CP's we've had. I have no doubt that situation was taken completly our of context. But taking things out of context is the only way for guy's like you to make the situations fit your conspiracy theories.

what would you do if you ran out of clean cloths on a trip? Wear dirty ones? I'd wash them somewhere, and have more than once, even if it was in the sink. Most places we stay overnight have guest laundry or theres a laundry nearby.

ohplease! said:
yeah, just like Kim. She's done a good job if you ask me. Much better than many of the previous CP's we've had. I have no doubt that situation was taken completly our of context. But taking things out of context is the only way for guy's like you to make the situations fit your conspiracy theories.

what would you do if you ran out of clean cloths on a trip? Wear dirty ones? I'd wash them somewhere, and have more than once, even if it was in the sink. Most places we stay overnight have guest laundry or theres a laundry nearby.

Darn, how many screen names do you have Dillion, or is it Hall this time??? You obviously don't know the full story on the 'wash it in the sink' episode. And, like one has time or energy, after a 12-13 hour duty day, to go to a laundrymat! Kim, yeah, righttttttttttt!

You management pukes disgust me!

ohplease! said:

Ohpu$$y I have just the right airline for you! Colgan Air, they are non-union, merrit gets you everywhere, a good A$$ kissing gets you a long way. You would be perfect for them. Oh and I think they are hiring street captains so you wouldn't even have to suffer as an FO. Colganair.com dude you're there. OH Please get the hell out of my UNION!!!

Latest resources

Back