• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA pilots quitting at record pace...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am not seeing much attrition from the right seat of the 50. My number has hardly budged in the past 4 months.

Are you referring to your seniority number? If so, it only changes in Jan and in Jul. In other words, adjusted in those months to reflect retirements, people moving on etc. If you're referring to your number on the plane you're assigned to, then your number will change every bid period and will show movement for you IF people were senior to you that left.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

The company will become top heavy eventually. Then they will get the pay cuts that they want. All they will have to do is cry wolf to the judge at some point. Get lost. SkyWest has no plans to keep ASA operatonal. Their intent is obviously to create turmoil, then transfer assets to the parent company. Notice how most of your boys are jumping ship just like they want.

The company will become top heavy eventually. Then they will get the pay cuts that they want. All they will have to do is cry wolf to the judge at some point. Get lost. SkyWest has no plans to keep ASA operatonal. Their intent is obviously to create turmoil, then transfer assets to the parent company. Notice how most of your boys are jumping ship just like they want.

Dead on.

JA has planned all along to dispose of ASA. In the last year Skywest has grown at a break neck pace and absolutely nothing constructive has taken place at ASA.

The 70's have begun to leave. There are no 90's on their way and there is defintely no real growth.

Not to long ago there was a video out with JA giving a presentaion and he stated specifically that he would not operate 2 independent airlines. He's been down that road before and it doesn't work.

Do you really think he is going to merge the crack shack that ASA is with his polished diamond - Skywest ?

All of you amaze me with your doom and gloom.

I have been coming to this board for more than 4 years, and one thing is for sure. If you read this crap that all of us post, enough, you can not only get addicted to visiting the website, but also fall into the trap of thinking this is the gospel.

I am not happy with ASA, and I often wonder what is going to happen tomorrow, but I can always find an arguement to justify that ASA will be fine and continue to operate for years to come.

I also will not join the bandwagon of blaming my unions volunteers for negotiating a contract that we deserve to get. Folks, if you dont like the representation you are getting then join a committee or run for office and become part of the solution, rather than some sideline quarterback nay sayer.

All of you who voice your doubts about the union are allowing the company to divide and conqure.

Do you think Scott Hall comes into every RGT class becuase he likes to? He has a mission given to him by CT,BL, and JA. Why do you think CT just put a 2 page photo copy in every V file in the crewroom, without any info on who it came from?

AND GUESS WHAT? HE IS BREAKING YOU!

I have a family to support too folks, but I will not break. I also will not follow something blindly either. I will make a decision after considering all sides and FACTS, not assumtions or rumors!

Grow some guys, or is it girls?

I will ask you this.

How fast do you think the tide will turn when and if the NMB decides that, yes indeed 4 years is too long and this labor group has a right to self help? We are not MESABA, we are not in the same situation.

Medeco

Medeco,

I applaud your positive attitude. You can all do very well with the union at your side as far as your contract is concerned. However, ASA is a business. Not only that, but they have a parent company now. On top of that, they are a sub-contractor. Without their Delta name, they cannot function. (The Delta thing is beside the point, sorry.) Since SKYW owns ASA, they can do what they want with the assets. They have to respect the contract for the remaining workers, but they do not have to retain the company. Once the company is gone, ALPA is gone, and SKYW as a whole is no longer "top heavy". SKYW is coming to ATL. At some point in the future, ASA will be liquid. JA has a view called Sky Nation. He wants both coasts.

------------------------------------------------------------

You guys have to remember something. Regionals are sub-contractors. Without the support of "Daddy", they fall. We are traded like baseball cards. You cannot expect to make a career out of a regional airline. We also have to predict the "death of the RJ". With high fuel costs, the TP will make a big comeback. This will cut pay and QOL. As mainlines gain ground against the LCC's, the regional market and routes will shrink.

Last edited:

This insight obviously comes from an ASA insider.

What is "Voted in Favor"?

On second thought, maybe not.

Medeco,

I applaud your positive attitude. You can all do very well with the union at your side as far as your contract is concerned. However, ASA is a business. Not only that, but they have a parent company now. On top of that, they are a sub-contractor. Without their Delta name, they cannot function. (The Delta thing is beside the point, sorry.) Since SKYW owns ASA, they can do what they want with the assets. They have to respect the contract for the remaining workers, but they do not have to retain the company. Once the company is gone, ALPA is gone, and SKYW as a whole is no longer "top heavy". SKYW is coming to ATL. At some point in the future, ASA will be liquid. JA has a view called Sky Nation. He wants both coasts.

------------------------------------------------------------

You guys have to remember something. Regionals are sub-contractors. Without the support of "Daddy", they fall. We are traded like baseball cards. You cannot expect to make a career out of a regional airline. We also have to predict the "death of the RJ". With high fuel costs, the TP will make a big comeback. This will cut pay and QOL. As mainlines gain ground against the LCC's, the regional market and routes will shrink.

Skywest is flying through Atlanta. ASA flies through Salt Lake. ASA is not going away. ASA's management may be going away. It's time for some more turnover at the aluminium palace. Fuel costs are coming down--rapidly. In regard to regional routes and markets shrinking, you must not be keeping up with the trends--it ain't happening, just the opposite! Large Turbo Props will make a comeback--in the 400 mile or less markets.

Explain why when mainlines gain ground against the LCC's that regional market and routes will shrink? Actually, the regionals are a mainline tactic against the LCC's. Regionals will not go away. They provide convenience and flexibility in gaining market share.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back