ASA pilots quitting at record pace...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
fastback,

I don't have to be an insider to see what is going on. Its business! So what is "Voted in Favor"?

Speedtape said:
Explain why when mainlines gain ground against the LCC's that regional market and routes will shrink? Actually, the regionals are a mainline tactic against the LCC's. Regionals will not go away. They provide convenience and flexibility in gaining market share.

I agree. You just went in a little deeper than I wanted to in my post. The regionals will not "go away". The routes will shrink. Mainline will put SN, LN, and in some cases WB aircraft on the longer RJ routes. I do not believe the CRJ 900 and 700 airframes will last very long. They will go away because of reliability (airframe) and demand for larger aircraft on those particular routes. For the shorter routes, the -400 will do nicely! I think we will see the changes coming soon.

Speedtape,

BINGO!

701EV

I don't have to be an insider to see what is going on. Its business! So what is "Voted in Favor"?

Russian, 92.67% of ASA pilots voted to authorize a strike.

Full disclosure, I work for Skywest, and am not an insider myself by any means. The ASA guys can chronolog the tough times they have endured in their attempts to secure a contract. Hopefully, with the majors making money, they will have a contract soon, and it will be one that they are happy with.

Skywest is flying through Atlanta. ASA flies through Salt Lake. ASA is not going away. ASA's management may be going away. It's time for some more turnover at the aluminium palace. Fuel costs are coming down--rapidly. In regard to regional routes and markets shrinking, you must not be keeping up with the trends--it ain't happening, just the opposite! Large Turbo Props will make a comeback--in the 400 mile or less markets.

Explain why when mainlines gain ground against the LCC's that regional market and routes will shrink? Actually, the regionals are a mainline tactic against the LCC's. Regionals will not go away. They provide convenience and flexibility in gaining market share.

While I admire your positive outlook I do not think that it is conducive to our current situation. The facts surrounding today's situation are such that we are losing airframes to Skywest and they are taking all new deliveries. In essence we are being replaced and if our union can't figure that out then we might as well not even bother having one. Explain this to me, ASA is shrinking at with a rapid pace, Skywest is growing like never before. Our former pilots are now flying our old airplanes for Skywest and all of the new equipment is going to Skywest. Now tell me that ASA isn't going away and that everything will be okay? You are very, very wrong. I'm not voting for the Jackson takeover; however, I am sadly disappointed in our unions performance during these times. What about this lawsuit over the company violating status quo? Our legal team is probably too scared of losing that they refuse to file one. To recap, no union help, transfer of assets, and all future growth going to another carrier. Wake up we're being replaced and ALPA is just sitting there telling us that everything will be ok. And NO, we do not have them right where we want them, if I hear that one more time I think I'll hurl.

Take control of own....

:smash: Sunday 19th NOV 2006......Unofficial Official walkout!!!!!!:smash:

I wish- we can't even get the pilot group of ASA to work a "Book Operation" because nobody wants to wait for parking, be late, etc.......

Another sign of the coming 2007 hiring boom

ALPA- lets get this thing done and sit back to watch the other regionals fall to the wayside as they lose flying! The majors are going to start taking back a large portion of their own flying- we have the opportunity to come out of this healthier in the long run. NEGOTIATE!!!!!

Do you think Scott Hall comes into every RGT class becuase he likes to? He has a mission given to him by CT,BL, and JA. Why do you think CT just put a 2 page photo copy in every V file in the crewroom, without any info on who it came from?

AND GUESS WHAT? HE IS BREAKING YOU!

Good post medeco! If you people can't figure out that BL, CT and SH are attempting, hell it's working, to divide this pilot group then you are blind!

There have been 2 CR700s sent to SKYW. We have received a couple of used CR200s, and more to come. Skywest management puts the planes where they want and where they're needed, not ALPA!

Tell me,what more can our union reps do? They have to follow the RLA which greatly favors management. As Medeco says, get involved in the union to help if you're that worried/scared. Don't be scared by management tactics! ALAP warned everyone that management would do this.

Come to the LEC meeting this Monday at 10am at the Doubletree Hotel and voice your concerns with your union reps. They will all be there, even the FAB 4! Hell, Joey Merchant might even make a guest appearance!

VOTED IN FAVOR!
Support Your ALPA Reps!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back