ASA Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
That's not what the contract says. If you are calling time when the door closes you are covering up for the problems on the ramp. But that's right, you are a company man, and don't care what our contract says.
where in the contract does it define out time as A/C movement?

When the door closes thats when your out. Pilots love to talk about how nothing is their fault. Well if ramp makes you hold 5 minutes but you were ready to push on time guess what thats an on time departure. Besides airlines get too worried about their precious "zero tolerance" policy for departures. Passengers would rather leave 5 minutes late and still get to the destination on time than leave right on the minute but sit at the taxiway for an hour while waiting for flow.

On a separate note, I find it kind of interesting that no one has mentioned the picketing ALPA secretaries outside the G.O. who, by the way, make over $50,000 per year! Glad to know 2% out of every paycheck goes to a good cause...maybe that's why no news has come out of ALPA lately - they're all outside walking in circles.

D'Angelo said:
When the door closes thats when your out. Pilots love to talk about how nothing is their fault. Well if ramp makes you hold 5 minutes but you were ready to push on time guess what thats an on time departure. Besides airlines get too worried about their precious "zero tolerance" policy for departures. Passengers would rather leave 5 minutes late and still get to the destination on time than leave right on the minute but sit at the taxiway for an hour while waiting for flow.
Dude, STFU! damnit, you're annoying.

ohplease! said:
where in the contract does it define out time as A/C movement?

Oh Please,

Perhaps you should read your own contract, specifically definitions 2.E defines block to block. That is what we are paid on.

I also seem to remember a discussion on the ALPA boards about this when the company went to the departure coordinators putting in the times. It was pointed out then that we should still enter the time in the can as when we start moving.

LegalAlien
ATL CR2 CAP.

legalalien said:
Oh Please,

Perhaps you should read your own contract, specifically definitions 2.E defines block to block. That is what we are paid on.

I also seem to remember a discussion on the ALPA boards about this when the company went to the departure coordinators putting in the times. It was pointed out then that we should still enter the time in the can as when we start moving.

LegalAlien
ATL CR2 CAP.
thank you for the answer, I stand corrected. Call it that way if you like, I still think premium pay is nothing to worry about losing. Just my opinion.

legalalien said:
Oh Please,

LegalAlien
ATL CR2 CAP.

Block out is door closed per the SP's

ohplease! said:
thank you for the answer, I stand corrected. Call it that way if you like, I still think premium pay is nothing to worry about losing. Just my opinion.

look at your last pay stub at the number next to underblock...cause if we lose premium, that is what you would have lost under that paycheck.

It would equate to probably over 50hrs per year in pay...it IS something to concern yourself with

jehtplane said:
Block out is door closed per the SP's

So in your world the company can change the contract at will just by putting it in the SP's?

We are paid in the manner specified in the contract not by how the company puts things in the SP's.

The block out you refer to in the SP's is for reporting to the DOT/Delta not for our pay

ohplease! said:

It's not a case of calling it as I like, it is calling it as required by the contract. A contract that the company doesn't seem to like following. Perhaps you think that the company can change the contract at will.

I can only assume that you did not understand the example I gave as premium pay not being worth worrying about. You don't think that I should be worried about losing 6 or so hours pay per month?

Latest resources

Back