ASA Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
atrdriver said:
No, that is NOT correct. If you are blocked with a 80 hour line, and fly every leg underblock, for a total of 10 hours under, will you paycheck be 80 hours? NO, IT WILL BE 85 hours. Because underblock is paid on a leg by leg basis. Premium pay helps every pilot at this company, unless they fly EVERY leg overblock. You need to learn how it works before you decide to get rid of it.
'

Its absolutely ridiculous to ask for 85 hours if you worked 80 hours. You should be paid what you block straight up.. This goes for all airlines. The exception being nappers. They should get guarantee since everyone is guaranteed that. Its like a salary so to speak. However they should not be getting high pay for working the least of everyone.

D'Angelo said:
'

Its absolutely ridiculous to ask for 85 hours if you worked 80 hours. You should be paid what you block straight up.. This goes for all airlines. The exception being nappers. They should get guarantee since everyone is guaranteed that. Its like a salary so to speak. However they should not be getting high pay for working the least of everyone.

Which part of keep your comments directed at your own pathetic existence was unclear? Premium pay is an incentive for the pilots to get back on schedule after other factors get them behind. Take it away and the schedule goes with it.

I may speak the same tune but so do you guys. How many times can you scream retro pay, hold that line, we are tards, full pay til the last day blah blah blah... At least im saying something new and refreshing.

I'll scream retro pay all day. And go cash my 40k retro check.

You sir are a turd.

Good day

atrdriver said:
No, that is NOT correct. If you are blocked with a 80 hour line, and fly every leg underblock, for a total of 10 hours under, will you paycheck be 80 hours? NO, IT WILL BE 85 hours. Because underblock is paid on a leg by leg basis. Premium pay helps every pilot at this company, unless they fly EVERY leg overblock. You need to learn how it works before you decide to get rid of it.
Not a chance in hell of getting 10hours of underblock on an RJ line.

Over the last year I have averaged just over 6 hours underblock per month with a high of about 8.5. The lowest month was just over 3, but that was a vacation month.

I bid for days off so my lines are usually blocked at about 75 hours or less if I get the conflicts right! (and I am a line holder).

Next month my line (like most) is blocked at 75 hours and change. I would say that I have much more chance of 6 or 7 hours underblock than I do have of getting 6 or 7 hours overblock.

Before you comment I should also say that when the FO says to me on the first day of the month "what do you want me to call the time?" I tell them to do it by the contract. Look at the time when we start moving and that is the out time, we are in when we block in at the destination.

So losing premium pay would be about a 7.5% paycut for me over the year.

legalalien said:
"what do you want me to call the time?" I tell them to do it by the contract. Look at the time when we start moving and that is the out time, we are in when we block in at the destination.

So losing premium pay would be about a 7.5% paycut for me over the year.
its door closed

fsworld said:
Maybe Im not understanding something but why is underblock such a big deal? The only people it effects are nap lines and relief/reserve. That makes up a very small part of the pilot group, why not focus on something better? Not to mention it shouldnt be more than a few hours a month, a 20 cent pay raise should make the differnce.

You are way way off...

let me give you an illustration and this will change your mind...

Current contract: lets say you are blocked at 85 hours for the month...now, keep in mind this is just an illustration to show what they are wanting to do

If you fly 4 legs in a day...each blocked at 1 hour... you fly the first 3 in 45 minutes each...(strong tailwind) and the last takes you 1 hr 45 min..under our current contract, you get paid 4 hrs 45min for the day. this is because the underblock is on a leg by leg basis...ie..premium can never hurt you.

Take this same example and apply the companies proposal for the next contract...you would get paid only 4 hrs. you would lose 45 minutes worth of pay you would have gotten because there is no premium to protect you.

Premium not a big deal???? it is now!

ohplease! said:
Not a chance in hell of getting 10hours of underblock on an RJ line.

I average just over 7.5 hours a month.

ohplease! said:
its door closed

That's not what the contract says. If you are calling time when the door closes you are covering up for the problems on the ramp. But that's right, you are a company man, and don't care what our contract says.

Latest resources

Back