ASA Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Intl Pay

Maybe I am alone on this, but I feel that we should get International compensation.
I feel that our certificates are more on the line and the difficulty of the flight is increased anytime we fly outside the lower 48 states.
Has Alpa discussed this?

legalalien said:
So in your world the company can change the contract at will just by putting it in the SP's?

We are paid in the manner specified in the contract not by how the company puts things in the SP's.

The block out you refer to in the SP's is for reporting to the DOT/Delta not for our pay

ever heard of over block

legalalien said:
It's not a case of calling it as I like, it is calling it as required by the contract. A contract that the company doesn't seem to like following. Perhaps you think that the company can change the contract at will.

I can only assume that you did not understand the example I gave as premium pay not being worth worrying about. You don't think that I should be worried about losing 6 or so hours pay per month?
I don't care if we keep premium or not. It does me no good.

Airboss said:
Maybe I am alone on this, but I feel that we should get International compensation.
I feel that our certificates are more on the line and the difficulty of the flight is increased anytime we fly outside the lower 48 states.
Has Alpa discussed this?
not a bad idea.

jehtplane said:
Block out is door closed per the SP's

show us in the FOM where it says that....To my knowledge, the word OUT is not defined..

On page 10 - 3.5 paragraph 15...it just says to "Enter OUT, OFF, ON and IN times in Zulu time to the nearest minute." etc etc

Nowhere does it define OUT as "door closed"

jehtplane said:
ever heard of over block

Ever heard of reading the posts?

As I said above I am normally blocked at around 75 hours. By following the contract I average 6 hours of underblock added on top of guarantee. With the high block times we have there is no way I would be flying more than 6 hours overblock.

I can't believe that anyone makes much overblock. Our block times are set high enough to improve on time arrivals that flying anything close to profile will result in premium pay.

Besides if we can't even follow the contract where it relates to how we are paid what chance do we have of the compamy ever following the contract.

D'Angelo said:
nappers shouldnt be getting premium pay. They work 30-40 hours/month for christsake!!!!! Guarantee is more than fair for that amount of work. Retro pay is also a ridiculous demand. It gets old watching unions try to bring good airlines down.

Moron....your bus is leaving.

Oh yeah and the RAA says your bonus check is in the mail for your work in spreading their bilge on this board.

Wipe your ass too

FL990 said:
show us in the FOM where it says that....To my knowledge, the word OUT is not defined..

On page 10 - 3.5 paragraph 15...it just says to "Enter OUT, OFF, ON and IN times in Zulu time to the nearest minute." etc etc

Nowhere does it define OUT as "door closed"

My bad not Sp's you would actually have to go through hot spot bulletins from about 4 years ago. It was put out by Nelson

legalalien said:
Ever heard of reading the posts?

As I said above I am normally blocked at around 75 hours. By following the contract I average 6 hours of underblock added on top of guarantee. With the high block times we have there is no way I would be flying more than 6 hours overblock.

I can't believe that anyone makes much overblock. Our block times are set high enough to improve on time arrivals that flying anything close to profile will result in premium pay.

Besides if we can't even follow the contract where it relates to how we are paid what chance do we have of the compamy ever following the contract.

Are you based in ATL? Shut the door block out and let the circus begin, waiting for headsets, or wing walkers, or standby sally in the tower, or late bags. are you new?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back