• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Negotiations

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Better duty rigs? Where do you work? Cause we don't have any rigs currently.

AdamKooper said:
I don't really care what happens to the 700 pay. If it gets some of these Career ASA guys to leave so much the better. There is no reason you should stay more than a couple years at this ********************ty company.

Thanks for the solidarity, moron. I didn't realize that two years made me a "Career ASA guy."

Pogue Mahone said:
The company is negotiating now. We are making lots of progress. Would you care to explain why you want to take a strike vote when things are moving forward?

Perhaps you don't understand the process.

Well, these two sections should bring the entire process to a halt for about 9
to 10 months. We'll see if you want to take the vote after that. The
company is dreaming if they think their offer is even close.

I hope that was just an opener. In any event, it documents that management is not being candid in their representation that they have offered profit sharing and the union turned it down.

So when do we get the opportunity to vote? ASA earned my vote a long time ago with its abuse from the scheduling clerks.

No one wants to bid the CRJ700 now. How are they going to get guys to fly that crappy schedule with a pay cut? Guess the Direct Track guys will fly it when they get the time to upgrade. Seems like a great idea, a 75,000 pound jet to get your first 200 hours of PIC in.

Last edited:
Maybe Im not understanding something but why is underblock such a big deal? The only people it effects are nap lines and relief/reserve. That makes up a very small part of the pilot group, why not focus on something better? Not to mention it shouldnt be more than a few hours a month, a 20 cent pay raise should make the differnce.

AdamKooper said:
I don't really care what happens to the 700 pay. If it gets some of these Career ASA guys to leave so much the better. There is no reason you should stay more than a couple years at this ********************ty company.

Adam I can tell you are a sharpe one?

What are you going to do in 3 years when you're still here and their are 150 700/900's or what ever you want to call them and only 40 or so 200's. What happens in this contract is going to be here for a few more years.

701EV

FS World:

I average around 4 hours of underblock a month. That is three week's pay, or around $3,200 yearly. In exchange for that payment, the Company gets a pilot who is pleased to try to get people to their destination at their scheduled arrival time, even if it takes 20 minutes past departure time to get pushed, or park, in Atlanta.

Taking away premium will be a financial dis-incentive to deliver service to our passengers. For Jerry Atkin to push a "pay for performance" philosophy, then want to take away pay of performance, doesn't seem logical.

Yes, we could restore the pay through trip and duty rigs - but - premium seems like a good idea to improve performance at an Airline and an Airport which is known for having difficulties staying on time.

701EV: You got an Amen from this Bro'

if guys like General Lee do their jobs right we won't get anymore 700s and 900s.

ASA should be 75% Turbo Prop.

Latest resources

Back