• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Merger Committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I noticed that everyone is represented except for junior FO's. Guess it sucks to be a junior FO. I'm sure the gum smacking EF will have their backs.

To my recollection:

1. He strongly supported FO pay at 60% Captain in 1998--passed
2. He strongly supported increasing new hire start pay---passed
3. He represented all pilots well in Mediation phase--accomplished
4. Participated in executing negotiations in most successful contract '98--passed at 92%
5. Stepped up to plate to help furloughees from a volunteer fund--and you
6. Negotiated initial 700 rates that included pay increase for all pilots on all equipment--bravo

Those are some of his accomplishments! What are yours?

Last edited:
But what is fair? Everyone has their own idea what fair means. To me it means getting the best possible deal for ASA pilots. We are the buyers. We are the more profitable company. We have bigger planes. Most importantly we fly the "9". We deserve the best.

Oh this ought to be fun. You do realize that ASA is outnumbered and XJT pilots will control the union through a roll call vote don't you? Jack wagon.

Keep talking date of hire all you want. Aint gonna happen. It's not fair and equitable and the XJT guys will shut the freaking doors. We're already gonna get your shiity contract shoved up our as$es. You want us to cry twice? I don't think so.

Last edited:
EF warned the fos about letting the company take lines away for training last contract around. He is a good choice along with LP. Don't know the other two but I am ok with LP and EF. People need to quit bitching so much until we get facts. Bunch of kukky luckies!

Oh this ought to be fun. You do realize that ASA is outnumbered and XJT pilots will control the union through a roll call vote don't you? Jack wagon.

Keep talking date of hire all you want. Aint gonna happen. It's not fair and equitable and the XJT guys will shut the freaking doors. We're already gonna get your shiity contract shoved up our as$es. You want us to cry twice? I don't think so.

Maybe not straight DOH, but it won't be straight relative either, thats not fair and equitable to the ASA pilots, and we don't give a crap if you cry or not.

Maybe not straight DOH, but it won't be straight relative either, thats not fair and equitable to the ASA pilots, and we don't give a crap if you cry or not.

How is relative seniority not fair? And why is this a debate, it will be decided by the committees and an arbitrator. Line pilots will not have a vote.

You have it all backwards, you ignorant fool. Haven't you read section 45 of the ALPA admin manual yet? The seniority list will be decided by the merger committee and probably an arbitrator. No vote required by the pilot group. As for our $hitty contract....you will get to vote on that. I would love to see you guys cry twice :)

Because guys at XJT with less than five years will be moving in front of ASA guys with over seven. Not fair. DOH is however, though you'd never admit it.

Because guys at XJT with less than five years will be moving in front of ASA guys with over seven. Not fair. DOH is however, though you'd never admit it.

So what? Relative means whatever percentage you were before integration you are after integration, no gain no loss. The absolute number of years is irrelevant. You are making the USAir East argument. You are making the argument I had with a UAL guy who said he (1999 hire) should be senior to a CAL guy who was hired in 2005, even though that 2005 hire flew as a CA and the UAL guy never did. Relative seniority is as equitable as you can get.

But again, it's not up to us, and won't be up for a vote, so why worry?

Yes it does matter... percentage or not, if the guy is in front of you than he gets the line before you do when you've been flying for an airline (assuming first 121 job) longer than he has. Not saying I agree with one side or the other I am just trying to shed light on a point of view.

Yes it does matter... percentage or not, if the guy is in front of you than he gets the line before you do when you've been flying for an airline (assuming first 121 job) longer than he has. Not saying I agree with one side or the other I am just trying to shed light on a point of view.

ASA will be going from two domiciles to six, more than doubling it's fleet and pilots. There will be some pilots moving around, but probably no much, and with the relative seniority if you held 15 days off before you will probably still hold 15days off after. What are you guys afraid of? Do you think every XJT pilot is going to bid ATL? The risk is probably greater for XJT pilots who will be displaced by ASA pilots from Texas.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back