• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Merger Committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm personally not interested in gaining (or losing) from this merger. Just make it fair. I'm all about treating XJT guys with the same respect and consideration that I would want to receive.

I'm sick and tired of pilots selling each other down the river. If "Atlantic Southeast" is truly a new and better airline, why not start out on the right foot?

But what is fair? Everyone has their own idea what fair means. To me it means getting the best possible deal for ASA pilots. We are the buyers. We are the more profitable company. We have bigger planes. Most importantly we fly the "9". We deserve the best.

I honestly am not looking for a windfall for ASA pilots. I would rather have something "fair", whatever that may look like. Just a few years ago we were in the same spot that XJT is in right now when SKYW purchased us from Delta.

I am pretty sure that "fair" (there's that term again) is in the best interests of Jerry if this purchase goes through. Pissing off all of the XJT pilots would probably hurt the bottom line in the end.

Brad's "Huddle Program" shows how important having the pilot group on board means to performance numbers.

Before skywest bought us, we were making money as fast as they could print it. Not quite that way at xjt now. DOH is fair, all day, everyday.

Before skywest bought us, we were making money as fast as they could print it. Not quite that way at xjt now. DOH is fair, all day, everyday.

What about the tie breakers? There are many instances where there was hiring at each company on the same date. This is where it's more complicated than arranging just pure DOH...

It's called sarcasm, moron. I think everyone else got it though.

I have noticed over the years that "joking" about a staple never really brings down the house.

Kind of like joking about flying struck work.

What about the tie breakers? There are many instances where there was hiring at each company on the same date. This is where it's more complicated than arranging just pure DOH...

same DOH to go by birthday. I don't know how ExpressJet did it, but our list is that way. Oldest guy was most senior. I suppose if Expressjet did not go by age for class seniority, then we should do relative merge for those with same hire date.

Well that's easy, the ATL classes start an hour earlier (EST) so the ASA guys would be ahead of the XJT guys starting the same day in Houston!

same DOH to go by birthday. I don't know how ExpressJet did it, but our list is that way. Oldest guy was most senior. I suppose if Expressjet did not go by age for class seniority, then we should do relative merge for those with same hire date.

Ours was done the same way. Oldest guy was the most senior.

Latest resources

Back