• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Merger Committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about the tie breakers? There are many instances where there was hiring at each company on the same date. This is where it's more complicated than arranging just pure DOH...

Ties go to the purchasing company.

Maybe not straight DOH, but it won't be straight relative either. Not without all of the ASA guys here longer than four years doing all the can to stop the integration.

But what is fair? Everyone has their own idea what fair means. To me it means getting the best possible deal for ASA pilots. We are the buyers. We are the more profitable company. We have bigger planes. Most importantly we fly the "9". We deserve the best.

Ya nice pay for those bigger planes

But what is fair? Everyone has their own idea what fair means. To me it means getting the best possible deal for ASA pilots. We are the buyers. We are the more profitable company. We have bigger planes. Most importantly we fly the "9". We deserve the best.

We're merging. "We" didn't buy them as pilots with our little piggy bank. Sure, as Atlantic SE pilots we did our jobs well and we made SkyWest INC (ultimately) money as an implementation of their money-making machine...but the pilots didn't buy XJT. Don't kid yourselves...we're merely oxen working side-by-side, pulling a cart full of decision-makers. Do you really think Atlantic Southeast will be a happy and productive place to work if we screw our new brothers over (who out-number us, might I add)? Fair means nobody wins and nobody loses.

"We have bigger planes"? "...we fly the "9"'? Don't be retarded. Don't be the palm.

Fair means nobody wins and nobody loses.

That's B.S., and you know it. Fair doesn't exist anywhere except in kindergarten.

I believe it should be straight DOH, even though that isn't in my personal best interest. Those at XJT who would have been here for the merger, went on to Continental with the flow. Those who have been at XJT since 1999 would not have been at ASA any sooner if they had chosen to come here instead of XJT.

I fail to understand why it should be anything other than DOH. Just because their airline is relatively junior compared to ours? That is irrelevant. They have been in the business less time. Period. If someone was hired at XJT a month before me, they should be senior to me, and vice versa. Anything else is just idiotic. Grow up, and face that sometimes an acquisition doesn't equal "fair." If we were relatively junior to them, I would think the same thing.

Latest resources

Back