• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Merger Committee

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They aren't "pacifists"....They are pragmatic realists with the ability to reason logically...Something we should want in our union leaders.

Damn it, Joey, you're getting downright reasonable in your old age. ;)

Nah, I prefer militant and hard headed.

Those kinds of reps never accomplish anything, and usually leave their pilots suffering for long periods of time with no improvements. Reference USAirways.

I think we here at XJT should all be stapled to the bottom of your list. That way our MEC (who is only out to save his seniority) will be at the bottom with everyone else.

Damn it, Joey, you're getting downright reasonable in your old age. ;)

I have always thought this way....This has been by problem with ALPA in the past...We didn't always have a pragmatic MEC. This may come as a shock to you, but ALPA people aren't always "downright reasonable".....

reasonable?
I am all about that. Is it not reasonable to expect the company to properly staff the airline?

Instead, we let the company take our off days, extend us, RED ARROW EVERY DAY, rarely allow a swap, never allow a drop, hold enough trips back to build 10-20 lines, exhaust our reserves the first day without allowing for any sick calls or IROPs, furlough our pilots and displace our captains then offer premium pay because we are short of pilots.

They try to convince us that a 16 hour 4-day is more efficient than a 20 hour 3-day. We use to have great schedules. It was nothing for us to have 200 lines with all 3-days.

Is it reasonable to expect to have a contract with FIRM language in it? How about our next contract saying, The pilots MAY show up to work or at the pilots discretion...

Isn't it reasonable to expect our union reps to represent us? Every had a contract issue? Ever tried to file a grievance? Try it! Then go look at your pay stub where is says ALPA dues....and ask if that is fair and reasonable.

I am all about reasonable. Can we get that?

It doesn't matter what our current MEC is, after SLI they're history.

Not exactly. Fences will be put in place (I'm guessing 3-5 years) that will prevent intermingling of the pilot groups. So it will be at least that long before any XJT people are reps in ATL or IAD. And how many XJT pilots will actually transfer to ATL or IAD? Prolly not enough not enough to win an election. Then again as apathetic as the ASA pilot group is it may only take a handful....

Remember the furlough fund? 12% participation.
LEC elections? 30% participation.

We are PATHETIC! LOL!

Ofcourse the combined MEC will be able to roll call everything in XJT's favor almost immediately....just sayin'.

reasonable?
I am all about that. Is it not reasonable to expect the company to properly staff the airline?

Instead, we let the company take our off days, extend us, RED ARROW EVERY DAY, rarely allow a swap, never allow a drop, hold enough trips back to build 10-20 lines, exhaust our reserves the first day without allowing for any sick calls or IROPs, furlough our pilots and displace our captains then offer premium pay because we are short of pilots.

They try to convince us that a 16 hour 4-day is more efficient than a 20 hour 3-day. We use to have great schedules. It was nothing for us to have 200 lines with all 3-days.

Is it reasonable to expect to have a contract with FIRM language in it? How about our next contract saying, The pilots MAY show up to work or at the pilots discretion...

Isn't it reasonable to expect our union reps to represent us? Every had a contract issue? Ever tried to file a grievance? Try it! Then go look at your pay stub where is says ALPA dues....and ask if that is fair and reasonable.

VERY good points!

Of course, back when things were reasonable, we used to have union guys who knew how to fight (at least a little.) They also used to not do underhanded, B.S. crap like shove a complete crap PBS system (which STILL doesn't work well enough to even practice on) down our throats in exchange for a completely self-serving raise for their union work.

Every one of those guys should be drummed out of office-and surely would be if we had a pilot group which gave a rat's ass about anything at all.

Last edited:
reasonable?

Instead, we let the company take our off days, extend us, red arrow every day, rarely allow a swap, never allow a drop, hold enough trips back to build 10-20 lines, exhaust our reserves the first day without allowing for any sick calls or irops, furlough our pilots and displace our captains then offer premium pay because we are short of pilots.

Is it reasonable to expect to have a contract with firm language in it? How about our next contract saying, the pilots may show up to work or at the pilots discretion...

Isn't it reasonable to expect our union reps to represent us? Every had a contract issue? Ever tried to file a grievance? Try it! Then go look at your pay stub where is says alpa dues....and ask if that is fair and reasonable.

+1 ....

reasonable?

Can I get an AMEN!!!! Preach on brother.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back