• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC re-elects same officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gee whiz, for someone who retired from ASA almost two years ago, you sure speak like you have a clue. Pick up a lot of info over there at FSI?

No, you're right, Mike. I know nothing. I have no insider ALPA experience. I've never sat at $1000 steak dinners at Longhorn with the Comair MEC. I've never seen the $5000 bar tab at the LAS BOD meeting that got rolled into NT's SPC slush fund. I'm just a big mouth and everyone should just ignore me. I have no useful information. That's why DU called me last night and left a message to call him "at my earliest convenience". He usually calls me when I speak of such things. Last time he called me was when I was campaigning the MEC to put the contract out for vote early last September. Danny called and asked me to STFU and just trust them because I was "undermining their control of the pilot group". Guess I just need to STFU, I'm making them look bad again. Guess the truth hurts.

If4f out.

Now you've done.....Commandment #1.....do not speak ill of ALPA.....

There is a place in the system for the rabble rousers....they tend to keep ALPA in check.....

Any organization that tries to stiffle the free exchange of information should be considered suspect....

Yes, Joe, you truly are a freedom fighter. :rolleyes:

You have a paper copy of your contract, you got one before the road show. You also have a digital copy of the contract... the link was in almost every weekly email from the union.

If you lost your road show copy, you could have gone to the union office or called a rep and they would have gotten you another copy.

It's my understanding the contracts have been printed and are in the mail... the goal was to have a document with no errors. Since all changes have to be run by lawyers on each side, it took time.

Sweptback,

BULL $hit!

We raise hell when the company can't get us a bid package ontime.

It was already run by the lawyers before we ever received a copy of it it to make sure it was correct. Thats why it's called a contract.

It's taken entirely to long to receive a jepp size copy.

ALPA has screwed this up big time!

701EV

Yes, Joe, you truly are a freedom fighter. :rolleyes:

....nope just willing to call a spade a spade....and to tell the emporer he has no cloths on....something lacking with you cheerleaders....carry on patting ALPA on the back while I pop some more popcorn......

I have to agree. 4 Months is entirely too long. Do you think that the UAW wait over 4 months for their contract, or any other real union? I have had many questions on contract language and cannot alway get online to look it up at that time. It is a hassle, and we should have gotten this document sooner, despite error checking.

....it didn't take nearly this long in '98.....

Why don't they put out some info on this??? They can communicate with us....you know, keep us in the loop! One gripe I do have, and I strongly tend to NOT gripe over people volunteering to help me, is they are not very good at communicating. At a previous airline, there were nearly daily voice messages (Vars) and many, many more emails or web postings. And that was at a much smaller airline.

If they kept us up to date, we may not wonder so much what is happening.

Don't take my word for it. Call Newie and he'll give you the scoop as to why it took so long.

Why call Newie? Why can't they just put out a memo? "Call your rep" seems to be the solution to everything.

The reason they prefer personal calls rather than public announcements is that they're not accountable for what they say to someone on the phone (unless you record the conversation).

The union putting out a printed form of the new contract is as basic as the city making sure trash is picked up and streets are plowed. Do you call the mayor when your trash doesn't get picked up? Of course not.

Why call Newie? Why can't they just put out a memo? "Call your rep" seems to be the solution to everything.

The reason they prefer personal calls rather than public announcements is that they're not accountable for what they say to someone on the phone (unless you record the conversation).

The union putting out a printed form of the new contract is as basic as the city making sure trash is picked up and streets are plowed. Do you call the mayor when your trash doesn't get picked up? Of course not.

Were you in a Fraternity in college?

Latest resources

Back