• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC re-elects same officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't take my word for it. Call Newie and he'll give you the scoop as to why it took so long.

The scoop I just got was this is entirely ALPA national's fault...and I believe that....Why not just say that rather than let the MEC take the heat for something that isn't their fault...

Apparantly ALPA national said they were at the printer and they weren't....In addition ALPA is cutting costs and wanted to make the contract fewer pages by shrinking margins.....this added to the delay also...Apparantly money is getting tight in Herndon....

Just wait until USAir leaves.....

Money has been tight in Herndon for a while. That tends to happen when selfish members sue their own union and waste the union's resources.

Money has been tight in Herndon for a while. That tends to happen when selfish members sue their own union and waste the union's resources.

Lawsuits happen when your union doesn't abide by it's duty of fair representation.....It did cost ALPA a lot of money.....you'd think they would learn their lesson....

Isn't there a MidAtlantic lawsuit now.....

We're not anymore selfish than any other member of this dysfunctional union.....Just looking out for our own best interests....

Lawsuits happen when your union doesn't abide by it's duty of fair representation.....It did cost ALPA a lot of money.....you'd think they would learn their lesson....

Isn't there a MidAtlantic lawsuit now.....

We're not anymore selfish than any other member of this dysfunctional union.....Just looking out for our own best interests....

The question is: Was it a "Friendly Lawsuit" like the Skywest, Inc. v. Delta? :)

The scoop I just got was this is entirely ALPA national's fault...and I believe that....Why not just say that rather than let the MEC take the heat for something that isn't their fault...

Apparantly ALPA national said they were at the printer and they weren't....In addition ALPA is cutting costs and wanted to make the contract fewer pages by shrinking margins.....this added to the delay also...Apparantly money is getting tight in Herndon....

Just wait until USAir leaves.....

My copy better have some good pictures in it! :D They must have borrowed some marketing strategy from Bill Gates and Steve Jobs--Create and Exploit "Pent-Up Demand!" This is worse than waiting on "Halo 3" or the "Legends of Zelda!"

Joe's explanation has been confirmed. I spoke with one of the Reps as suggested by an earlier post! DU said he was tired of being embarrased by the situation and that since before Christmas he had been told on several different occasions that they were being shipped "next week!" He was disgusted and somewhat livid--not his usual demeanor. However, he said he personally made a call yesterday and was assured that they were currently being shipped by 3rd class mail. We shall see!

P.S. Joe--it must be 5 O'clock somewhere for you, because you made a very rare mispelling-- "Apparantly?" Be sure and hide your Easter Eggs!
SeeYAAAAAAAAA!!!

OK so why the big secret? Wouldn't it have been easier to just come out and say that? I don't understand why this was such a big secret.

OK so why the big secret? Wouldn't it have been easier to just come out and say that? I don't understand why this was such a big secret.

A big secret? Not sure that was the right characterization of it. One's infomation is only as good as the information that one is provided.

Latest resources

Back