ASA MEC re-elects same officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA is NOT a democracy!

ALPA is structured very similarly to the United States government. The Executive Council is a bit skewed but they are the lowest level of National decision makers. The Executive Board and ultimately the Board of Directors can overturn any lower level decisions. Both EB and BOD votes reflect the head count at different classes of carriers.

Or so I thought. What actually happened is that I was succeeded by lap dogs who gave them the rubber stamp they were looking for. Then they labeled those of us who tried to blow the whistle on what was really happening with the contract as traitors and publicly humiliated us.

All of your arguments and accusations made here today have one fundamental flaw. They assume that you are one who is right and everyone else is wrong. I wish I could say that was uncommon pilot behavior.

Or so I thought. What actually happened is that I was succeeded by lap dogs who gave them the rubber stamp they were looking for. Then they labeled those of us who tried to blow the whistle on what was really happening with the contract as traitors and publicly humiliated us.

Who called you a traitor and publicly humiliated you?

I'm pretty happy with our current leadership. I am currently on a committee and spend a lot of time in the ALPA office. They do understand the other side and they are very frustrated with the whipsaw. They are also skeptical of ALPA national. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Danny especially understands how bad ALPA national has screwed this up. Nick understands also. Some however are just using it to move onto Delta. There are some real kissups.

Democracy.....or "majority rules"....isn't all it is cracked up to be......

I actually agree that you should keep your debates behind closed doors.

Dont you remember when Sonny Corleone spoke out at his family's meeting with Sollozzo? His obvious dissension from his father's ideas prompted the whole mob war. If he had kept his thoughts within the family he would have avoided a lot of bloodshed.

Here's the problem with that....

DU, one of the current MEC members, will tell you "off the record" that ALPA is flawed regarding scope and whipsaw....However "on the record" he tows the "party line".....

We have both a conflict of interest and a whipsaw problem within ALPA....one that ALPA has studied for 13 years now.....Towing the party line prevents the membership from understanding that current MEC members have serious issues with ALPA......

You would be surprised at the ASA and CMR leadership that supported RJDC.....Why are we supporting a union that we have to sue?

Joe...in 50 years you will exonerated and hailed as the all mighty visionay... it will be read in Flying the Line Vol. XIX. It will be better than Rocky V.

The Herndon Bldg. that you despise so much will be called Merchants.

....actually it will probably be sold to pay for all the lawsuits....just like the DC building was......

Like your Lawsuit?

Joe... you were an ALPA officer at one time... what happened?

A. Did you not understand how ALPA worked and were niave?

B. Was there a significant change at ALPA and it just wasn't the organization you signed up for?

C. Is your sociopolitical skillset so weak that your effectiveness was basically nil?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back