• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA MEC re-elects same officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And your PBS committee is DU, PD and SJ. When the FO reps asked why there wasn't a rep for the FOs on the committee it was stated that there is no negotiations, only fact finding.

I would suggest that at the next LEC meeting the pilot group put forth a motion to require the pilot group to vote on any addition of PBS.

Considering there are no FOs on the MEC, this should come as no surprise. Both FO reps upgraded soon after being elected. Right now, FO interests are unrepresented in the union. FOs also got screwed on the signing bonus. Coincidence?

"Debate" takes place at MEC meetings, but the outcome of the decision is rarely in doubt. Anyone who leave the room and speaks anything other than the party line is considered a traitor, and treated accordingly.

And the only true duty of the MEC officers is to execute the will of the status reps. They do not make autonomous decisions (per ALPA's C&BLs), contrary to popular opinion. Therefore, the status reps want people who will do what they want, not argue and make their own decisions. So really, I guess it comes as no surprise that they just re-elected the same people.

This is true and one of the problems with ALPA.....In fact they teach you this during ALPA leadership training.....remember the USAirways MEC roll playing skit.....Disagree behind closed doors....But never never disagree with ALPA in public.....

This excludes people who aren't the type to tow the party line.....It also gives the membership a flawed view of the "facts" as they usually get a one-sided "official" version of the facts.....

I prefer the type of person who says what they think....not what they're "supposed to think"......even if I disagree with them.....

Last edited:
Considering there are no FOs on the MEC, this should come as no surprise. Both FO reps upgraded soon after being elected. Right now, FO interests are unrepresented in the union. FOs also got screwed on the signing bonus. Coincidence?

....and the one that told us "the pilots are stupid"....is leaving soon.....He has no long term vested interest one way or the other.......

I prefer the type of person who says what they think....not what their "supposed to think"......even if I disagree with them.....

Unfortunately, you are in the minority in that issue too. Speak out too much, and everyone will think you're a big mouth ***********************************. People only want to hear what they want to hear, regardless of what the truth actually is.

....and the one that told us "the pilots are stupid"....is leaving soon.....He has no long term vested interest one way or the other.......

Good riddance. He's one of the worst Kool-Aid drinkers I've ever seen. He flat out does not care what his constituents think or desire... he does whatever he thinks is best for them. As evidenced by our discussion when he told us he knew the contract would pass, but wouldn't put it out for vote because "pilots are stupid and don't know what's best for them".

Unfortunately, you are in the minority in that issue too. Speak out too much, and everyone will think you're a big mouth ***********************************. People only want to hear what they want to hear, regardless of what the truth actually is.

....proudly in the minority....Don't play nice in the sandbox just to present an "image"....We are big mouths.....Those are the kind of people I want in leadership positions....

What did ya think of the "fee for departure" meeting agenda.....Notice who the speakers were....Notice anything strange about who the speakers were?

.....more of the same........

....proudly in the minority....Don't play nice in the sandbox just to present an "image"....We are big mouths.....Those are the kind of people I want in leadership positions....

What did ya think of the "fee for departure" meeting agenda.....Notice who the speakers were....Notice anything strange about who the speakers were?

.....more of the same........

I didn't hear the details. But I know that most of those things are nothing but back slapping and kumbaya singing sessions by day and a drink fest by night (on the ALPA expense accounts, of course).

I didn't hear the details. But I know that most of those things are nothing but back slapping and kumbaya singing sessions by day and a drink fest by night.

Speakers were Wychor, Tennen, and Lawson.....

I agree with ifly. It would have been nice to see new blood? I think we need to shake thing up a little. Perception is reality.

701EV

Latest resources

Back