ASA managment ready to continue?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
John Pennekamp said:
That was pretty good spin, Biscuit. When they kick you out of the "engineering" department, you may consider Corporate communications.

1. NO offer was made because paper never changed hands. Company gave a verbal "What if we gave you xxx, could you give us yyy?

2. NO offer was made because paper never changed hands. Company failed to produce when union asked for a paper proposal. Proposal company finally submitted wasn't anything like the "what if", and included PBS. As a side note, no mediator would have allowed the introduction of PBS at this stage in the game because it would be regressive on TA'd sections and would be considered "bad faith bargaining".

3. NO offer was made because paper never changed hands. See number 2.

That's the jist of it.

John Pennekamp said:
Mighty strong words for a freshman with 29 posts, there GreatView.

Yeah, because the more you post on FI, the more credibility you have. :cool:

Averaging over three posts a day since day one in your case...you on reserve or something?

GreatView said:
Whatever dude. Don't hand me your crybaby B.S.....

Maybe you should tell all our men and women in uniform that fly in the reserves that they're unsafe (they're current/qualified and flying completely DIFFERENT types when you consider the mil and 121). On that note, go tell every other airline in the world that flies common types that they're smoking holes in the making.

I'm sure you're one of those guys we hear on the ops & flt control freq who whines and complains about everything.

Go home to mommy and complain because I don't want to hear it........

You are comparing apples to grapes there ShallowView. Did or do you fly in the reserves? Have you ever been in the military? Many pilots understand the possible dangers of dual quals between the 50 and 70. This is not an ATR 42 vs. ATR 72. All pilots are not equally qualified. Safety defaults to the weakest link there SPORT! Stay on your ATR where you have 1/2 the speed and therefore twice as long to make decisions. :crying:

Last edited:
ASADriver said:
I don't see the big deal about flying both aircraft. I would trade that for something else - pay or work rules. Other carriers do it safely, I'm sure we could too.

Wasn't that Biscuit who taxied out at Peachtree City a few years ago in front of an airshow crowd, and those on the ground observed the flaps being lowered while taxing? Guess the flap AD doesn't apply to those in the "engineering" department.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

GO AROUND said:
We shall see if the gap was narrowed enough for the NMB to return us to the table cause we are done with the open generalities and what if's meetings that have no accountability.

Any poop from the MEC on whether or not the counter from the company is real, and anything of substance?

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Edct said:
This is really quite simple. The SLC crew base will close at the end of Sept. CPs will stay at least until the end of the year to close the base, and open LAX in Dec. Mechanics have been told their base will stay open for the foreseeable future. ASA will continue to fly out of SLC (for now) at a capacity near what it currently is but as just another outstation, similar to CVG.

Actually, our flying out of SLC INCREASES in Oct and continues to increase for the rest of the year. This according to the CP on duty! With this being the case, your "theory" is blown out of the water. I mean think about it....ASA can't even run ASA in ATL, let alone all the way out here in the west....! It will be one of the biggest "Goat Ropes" in aviation history IF they close on Oct 1st!

Tomct said:
Actually, our flying out of SLC INCREASES in Oct and continues to increase for the rest of the year. This according to the CP on duty! With this being the case, your "theory" is blown out of the water.

Holy God man, read the effing words! I didn't say we would stop flying to SLC, just that it will no longer be a CREW BASE. I don't doubt that the flying will increase since it's dropping so much in Sept.

I mean think about it....ASA can't even run ASA in ATL, let alone all the way out here in the west....! It will be one of the biggest "Goat Ropes" in aviation history IF they close on Oct 1st!

SLC works so well because it's so far from ATL. Atlanta runs badly mostly because it's staffed by Atlantans. Salt Lake is staffed by people with half a work ethic.

A guy worth that much money flying an ultralight? WTF? He was what he was, good and bad. Dying didn't change that.

Edct said:
Don't you think Drew and Nelson would have rammed it down our throats to fly both types, even they thought it was not safe.

701EV

No. And I must say the demonization of a dead man with a family continues to sink to new lows.[/quote]

EDCT and Greatview

You missed the POINT! Drew and Nelson (RIP) did not think it was SAFE to fly both aircraft. I applaud them for making that decision. ( I dont think I demonized anyone)

Now for other airlines flying the same aircraft. Lets see Mesa and I think Piedmiont fly both aircraft. Nowl lets do what other airlines do that have a contract that is worse than ours. Lets lower the bar

How come Delta pilots that fly the 75 and 763 don't fly the 764. maybe because the 75 and 763 are similar and the 764 is very different. I don't want to hear about the 737 they are all 737's. The CRJ200 is not the CRJ700. I've flown both the 200 and the 700 and they are very different. In the last two weeks I've had standards guys come ride my jumpseat because they have not been in the aircraft fo a couple of weeks. Now maybe and only maybe we could fly both types if we had the same amount of 700's as 200's so you would see both aircraft all the time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back