• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA managment ready to continue?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this does go through, you can bet that a single rate jet FO scale will follow. That rate will not be as high as present CR7 FO pay. It will be somewhere in the middle of CR2 and CR7 just as the other carriers have done it.

I am not oppose to it as long as the training skds are clear in the contract i.e. how are PCs and Lofts to be performed.

atlcrjdriver said:
If this does go through, you can bet that a single rate jet FO scale will follow. That rate will not be as high as present CR7 FO pay. It will be somewhere in the middle of CR2 and CR7 just as the other carriers have done it.

I am not oppose to it as long as the training skds are clear in the contract i.e. how are PCs and Lofts to be performed.

We cannot leave our FOs behind. ASA has traditionally paid our FOs 60% of captain pay, and we cannot sell out the next generation for ourselves. Management's divide and conquer strategy will not work, management shills like yourself notwithstanding.

JP, I simply state the obvious. What other benefit would there be to mgmnt to have dual qual FOs?

atlcrjdriver said:
JP, I simply state the obvious. What other benefit would there be to mgmnt to have dual qual FOs?

OK, sorry for the management shill crack. You're right, I'm sure they'd love to implement a single FO scale. I'm sure they'd love to implement a single scale for everyone. This is why we have to stick to our guns and fight for what's right. Skywest Inc is making millions per quarter off our backs, while we hold up this crappy operation with our sweat. They need to take care of us or shut this place down. We need to tell them no more slave labor!

This is why I see JA comment about sending our CR7s to SKW as only a threat. Once SKW rates are Increased and they will increase once our deal is done, the benefit goes away and opening a base for them in ATL makes no sense.

atlcrjdriver said:
This is why I see JA comment about sending our CR7s to SKW as only a threat. Once SKW rates are Increased and they will increase once our deal is done, the benefit goes away and opening a base for them in ATL makes no sense.

Of course it's just a threat. Why would JA cut his own throat by killing the cash cow? The SKW pilots will always be more expensive because they get an automatic raise every time someone else does. If he forgoes the raise, they'll go union and get it anyhow. They'v got Jerry by the bals.

somethings gonna give somewhere. the SLC CPs are being told to stay there until "at least dec 31st." At the family awarness meeting we were told that we're not so sure SLC will close afterall. Hmmm... And doesnt the LAX flying show 50 and 70 seat routes? How are they going to pull that off?

bailout said:
somethings gonna give somewhere. the SLC CPs are being told to stay there until "at least dec 31st." At the family awarness meeting we were told that we're not so sure SLC will close afterall. Hmmm... And doesnt the LAX flying show 50 and 70 seat routes? How are they going to pull that off?

According to our MEC, every time they ask SH or CT if SLC is really closing they get a conditional like "for now" or "at this time", or the "current" plan is...

John Pennekamp said:
According to our MEC, every time they ask SH or CT if SLC is really closing they get a conditional like "for now" or "at this time", or the "current" plan is...

That must sit well with the people thinking of relocating their families for a second time in as many years.

No kidding, I and I tried to emphasize the word rumor in my post. I don't know if SkyWest knows what they are going to do and I'm positive ASA Management doesn't know for sure.

One of the Chief Pilots was talking to the Aiport Manager where my hangar is - telling him ASA is gearing up for rapid growth and more airplanes are coming, really? ASA is about as nuts as I ever seen any business. If their goal is to keep us guessing, they have succeeded.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back