ASA managment ready to continue?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
~~~^~~~ said:
Rumors from Family Awareness dinner ..... Further, our P2P are finally admitting the obvious, that airplanes are being transferred to SkyWest.
There you have it.

Further, our P2P are finally admitting the obvious, that airplanes are being transferred to SkyWest.

I'm just questioning how people can see this as obvious? The Atlanta crj700 seniority list shows that 80 captains and 80 f/os (or however many there are in slc) are being added after the SLC closure. So like I said before I have yet to see anything in black and white that says 'We are losing our 13 airplanes'. I do however see that they are coming back to atlanta.

cbrown1 said:
I'm just questioning how people can see this as obvious? The Atlanta crj700 seniority list shows that 80 captains and 80 f/os (or however many there are in slc) are being added after the SLC closure. So like I said before I have yet to see anything in black and white that says 'We are losing our 13 airplanes'. I do however see that they are coming back to atlanta.

;)I'll be outta ATL as fast as possible. LAX can't come fast enough!

~~~^~~~ said:
Rumors Further, our P2P are finally admitting the obvious, that airplanes are being transferred to SkyWest.

Did you mean to say that a/c are skd to be transfered? As of yet nothing has been sent to the SKW side of the street. Also, we are skd to continue the CR7 out of SLC well beyond the OCT skd.

I fail to see the long term benefit that JA will have to actually transfer a/c to SKW. Once our deal is done I don't see SKW keeping those sweetheart wages for the company. They will either see a bump to at least match our new deal or join ALPA which JA really doesn't want.

With a blended a/c list also comes dual qualifications that allot of guys really don't want and the possibility of making single rate jet FO pay scales.

Fly Safe...:cool:

Last edited:
cbrown1 said:

Where do you see that?

According to the Sept. Assignments there are 103 Cpt. and 100 FO's in ATL and 65 Capt's & 56 FO's in SLC (total = Capt:168 ; FO's:156)

The 06-12 Preliminary Position Notice (effective date:12/01/06) shows a total of 159 Cpt's in ATL and 146 FO's in ATL. That's a decrease of 9 captains and 10 FO's. NOT an increase.

we all are not opposed to flying both aircraft.. As long as we are paid for flying the 70 seat flights.. IF you are some what senior your QOL would be better !! And I know ALPA here says IT IS NOT SAFE, but then most companies out there flies differences in aircraft..CAL, Southwest,DAL,etc.

Lets just get it done !! both sides are as crazy as the next !!

As in 2006., I am voting people out of the positions they are in, we need new people in office, and in this union !!

scarlet said:
we all are not opposed to flying both aircraft.. As long as we are paid for flying the 70 seat flights.. IF you are some what senior your QOL would be better !! And I know ALPA here says IT IS NOT SAFE, but then most companies out there flies differences in aircraft..CAL, Southwest,DAL,etc.

Lets just get it done !! both sides are as crazy as the next !!

As in 2006., I am voting people out of the positions they are in, we need new people in office, and in this union !!

We are not opposed to flying both aircraft? Who is included in your "WE"? Are you going to run for office or are you just one of those who is unhappy with anyone who serves? If you don't want to do it are you one of those who just don't like or respect those that have stepped up to the plate and served?

Bizjet said:
We are not opposed to flying both aircraft? Who is included in your "WE"? Are you going to run for office or are you just one of those who is unhappy with anyone who serves? If you don't want to do it are you one of those who just don't like or respect those that have stepped up to the plate and served?

I too am not opposed to it....as long as 70 seat flying is paid as 70 seat flying. I love how ALPA calls it a safety issue when many other carriers fly common type aircraft who are represented by the exact same union. And, if you think it is UNSAFE, how do you feel about our brave military pilots who fly other a/c types (completely different without a common thread of similiarity) and also fly with us.

My point here is that it ISN'T unsafe, it's just a bargaining chip.....That's all...nothing else....

scarlet said:

So you're voting everyone out? Well to start, you can't vote out the MEC officers. Only the MEC members vote for them.

Second, the only people I've heard of running for ATL CA rep are Manzo, Tomlin, and Farruzi. Manzo is an IP and a vote for him lets a single issue special interest group hijack our contract into what's good for them. Tomlin is very close with the current MEC as the SPC chairman, and is a former MEC member as the DFW FO Rep, so not likely he'll vote out the MEC. Farruzi is the current ATL FO rep and can't run for FO again since he upgraded, but is very tight with Newhouse, the MEC chairman. So unless you plan to vote for Manzo, how are you going to "vote people out"? Will you get off your butt and run? Good luck, I've been there and it's a second job you don't get paid for!!! You may not like your reps, but don't criticize them until you've tried it. Nobody likes an armchair quarterback, SPORT!

GreatView said:
I too am not opposed to it....as long as 70 seat flying is paid as 70 seat flying. I love how ALPA calls it a safety issue when many other carriers fly common type aircraft who are represented by the exact same union. And, if you think it is UNSAFE, how do you feel about our brave military pilots who fly other a/c types (completely different without a common thread of similiarity) and also fly with us.

My point here is that it ISN'T unsafe, it's just a bargaining chip.....That's all...nothing else....

OK. Go talk to the IPs who think it's unsafe for THEM to be dual qual, and think it's ludicrous for a mere line pilot. Just because others are dumb enough to try it and have been lucky, doesn't make it safe.

Some gripes:
Landing picture
Power on vs power off landing
Different limitations to remember (2 sets)
Drastically different performance, especially up high
Different cockpit layout

There is no way I would ever be dual qual with the 50. 90 yes, but not the 50. They are totally different airplanes. It's like being dual qual with a Challenger 604 and a Global Express.

Latest resources

Back