ASA managment ready to continue?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
cbrown1 said:
Thats goodnews. I think in the end the pilots at asa will win. I think Asa Managment and Atkin are finally going to admit defeated and Skywest will probably vote alpa in.

I think you're right. In the end we will get what we want in the contract. What happens after that is anyones guess. I suspect what ever it is, it won't be positive for the bottom half of the list. Just my 2 cents.

Yawn........
When will we learn???? How many billions of sessions netted no progress? How much have we achieved in 4 years? How willing to be prepared and ready to talk has management been even when they did show up? How many times did management take back things already agreed to or change their position??? Big deal. More of the same......We've been hearing over and over promising things, especially since Skywest bought ASA. Oh yea, JA will make sure it gets done. SKW wants the negotiations over, blah, blah, blah. 4 years will become five, and we'll all still be here b1tching about management. I refuse to even think anything will come of this.

The question becomes, how many txs can the mediator park us B4 we can resort to self help? If we are called back to the table and nothing gets done isn't the 30 day cooling off period the next step? It would seem like that was the reason the company was dragging it's feet about sending its latest proposal to the mediator.

It was confirmed by the MEC/CNC. The info I got as a P2P was that it was confirmed but not by who. My guess is the NMB called our CNC.

atlcrjdriver said:
The question becomes, how many txs can the mediator park us B4 we can resort to self help? If we are called back to the table and nothing gets done isn't the 30 day cooling off period the next step? It would seem like that was the reason the company was dragging it's feet about sending its latest proposal to the mediator.

According to the MEC/CNC the informal meetings they had were going well and things were moving in the right direction. But, when the union expressed their interest in getting back with the NMB the mood of the company changed at the last meeting.

They tied everything to a PBS system that had not been seen and knowing the company they would have wanted to make it up as they went along with no input from the union.

The company wanted no accountability to the NMB for basically ruining section 13 with a PBS. A section that has been TA'd no less under the mediator. The Company was asked 3 or more times during those sessions in front of the mediator if they wanted a PBS and they said no. They know that would piss the mediator off to scrap all that work they did.

:angryfireWell Go Around, maybe the mediator will see the BS the company is pulling and will give them a "coming to Jesus talk!" Get this done or else....
All I can say is that mgmnt better get this deal done before this place EXPLODES!!!!! People are NOT HAPPY around this MO FO!! Get R Done JA!

Rumors from Family Awareness dinner is that proposals have been forwarded to ALPA National's Atty for review and decision whether to proceed. Further, there has been no progress on scope. However, retirement is still on the table. Flying all aircraft with a blended list has been absolutely refused by ALPA. There are quite a few pilots that would like that option (to get off the junior slots on the 700 while other people want to fly the 700). Further, our P2P are finally admitting the obvious, that airplanes are being transferred to SkyWest.

I hope what I heard is wrong, but dammit it sounds like ALPA. Flip, why can't our Representatives Represent the pilots without getting national's approval. Do you think the Delta pilots run every proposal past National's attorneys first? Hardly.

ALPA National would be just as happy to see ASA disappear. I don't trust them and think our MEC should take up a special assessment to get our own Counsel that answers to our MEC.

Again, this post is unsubstantiated rumor, but it encourages me to continue looking for another job.

~~~^~~~ said:
Further, our P2P are finally admitting the obvious, that airplanes are being transferred to SkyWest.

Where has this been said other than rumor? I haven't seen this is writting yet, I have seen that in October that there will be 180 fo and 180 capt slots for the 700 in Atl. So I doubt they would have 80 people on reserve.

I have also hear that there are 15 crj200s in yul with our names on them, I don't know how true that is but i've heard the same thing from many people about them.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back