ASA LEC meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ReportCanoa said:
You want Performance Plus in lieu of hourly pay? No one agrees with that. Not even the rats in the bag/dining room.
ya' gotta get over the hourly rate thing...its not whats really important for making money or better QOL. There is a bigger picture.

Just have a look at our stats. A paycheck would not be forthcoming if those were the benchmarks by which we were paid. If the gate doesn't board on time, there goes my "bonus"- and car payment.

As for trip/duty rigs, those are important in the event the company decides everyone should have minimum days off. With the lines as currently built, they don't factor in. We must have them, but again not at the expense of hourly rate.

Last edited:
ReportCanoa said:
Just have a look at our stats. A paycheck would not be forthcoming if those were the benchmarks by which we were paid. If the gate doesn't board on time, there goes my "bonus"- and car payment.

As for trip/duty rigs, those are important in the event the company decides everyone should have minimum days off. With the lines as currently built, they don't factor in. We must have them, but again not at the expense of hourly rate.
I agree on both counts

www. said:
Not fair to the line pilots. MEC Chairman has his own duties. Capt. Rep has his own. If there are votes, would he get 2 votes? There is a reason that these are 2 separate positions. He knew this when he ran for the position.

Nope. He still only gets one vote and does NOT get to break a tie.

Mgmt says bonuses could add up to 6% or more of pay. If that's true then why don't they just give us a raise for the same amount? According to them it's the same amount of money in a different form. The reason They like bonuses is because they can't take back a raise. Real companies with bonuses give those bonuses above and beyond base pay for outstanding performance. ASA would use it as something to take away later if things got out of line, or if we needed to negotiate a TA. You can't use bonus money to get a loan and you can't count on it for your budgeting. And if it's a bonus based on the performance of everyone else at ASA but us, we'll loose more than we'll get.

Pay raise before bonus. Period.

wms said:
The reason They like bonuses is because they can't take back a raise. ASA would use it as something to take away later if things got out of line, or if we needed to negotiate a TA. Pay raise before bonus. Period.

Bingo my friend! And it wouldn't be beyond this management to work the numbers and say, "sorry pilots, the numbers didn't work out this quarter". And, yes, they cannot be trusted. Just look at all the outstanding grievances from our current agreement for violating it all the time. IN FAVOR.

Hoser

wms said:
Real companies with bonuses give those bonuses above and beyond base pay for outstanding performance. ASA would use it as something to take away later if things got out of line, or if we needed to negotiate a TA. You can't use bonus money to get a loan and you can't count on it for your budgeting. And if it's a bonus based on the performance of everyone else at ASA but us, we'll loose more than we'll get.

Pay raise before bonus. Period.

Well said. Its embarrassing to work in an environment where you are ashamed of your company most of the time. REAL, PROFESSIONAL corporations see the benefit of the hard working front-line employees and reward them likewise.

Its sad that years ago when I was building my time that I was actually treated with more respect as a CFI and waiter in a restaurant than I am now by my own "TEAM".

We have a lot of responsibility with this job and many peoples lives in our hands on a daily basis, but ASA management somehow doesn't really care. Its all about "them".

Everyone knows the pilots are the only thing keeping these birds flying. It's definitely not the rampie trying to add bags during pushback. Sorry CT, this isn't a team- it's more like fighting enemy combatants.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:In case you forgot Ohcheese, the company does not think that we deserve trip/duty rigs. Of course maybe you forgot about that due to the fact that you have had your head up CT's arse! The fact that you "think" we will get airplanes if we sign a "Sh@tty" contract just blows me away. Look around, did Comair get theirs? NOOOOOOO But oh yeah, we have such a Great mgmnt team! What an IDIOT!! Fortunately you are in the very "SMALL" minority of this pilot group. We are going to SHUT THIS MOTHER DOWN!!!:angryfire

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back