ASA LEC meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASADriver

Anyone know why the ATL LEC meeting was cancelled and the election of a new captains rep? The rumor on the street was that there were two opposition groups forming. One is the instructors who aren't happy about possible cuts to their pay, and the other is a group that isn't happy with the hardliners and wants us to settle this thing so we don't left behind by Skywest.

Well, if you were an active ASA ALPA member, you would have gotten an email and a letter explaining it to you. If you didn't, then the reason is none of your business.

Anyone who really wants to know the reason can see a pilot to pilot or an MEC rep. It's no secret, but why broadcast our MEC's strategy to management at a time of war?

BTW, most of us knew about the IPs, but your second group sounds an awful lot like a management attempt to hijack the MEC. Gee, wonder why it was cancelled?

Lets show solidarity with our MEC and let them do their jobs!!!

BL can have his stock options and Chuck can have his Delta retirement. Skywest can park every aeroplane out in the desert for all I care.

My knowledge, experience and professionalism costs something, $$$$.

Aviation Career Advice; Never depend on the airline for a living...
Start a side occupation now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buzz Saw

John Pennekamp said:
Well, if you were an active ASA ALPA member, you would have gotten an email and a letter explaining it to you. If you didn't, then the reason is none of your business.

Anyone who really wants to know the reason can see a pilot to pilot or an MEC rep. It's no secret, but why broadcast our MEC's strategy to management at a time of war?

BTW, most of us knew about the IPs, but your second group sounds an awful lot like a management attempt to hijack the MEC. Gee, wonder why it was cancelled?
woooooooow....more cloak and dagger stuff! how exciting. I think the clowns in charge are afraid they'll get dumped for being unrealistic in contract demands. but, thats just my opinion.

So you are willing to sacrifice the meager income you make now?? Can you live on your income?? Can you afford your kids college and your retirement on your current (pre-cut income)??

ASADriver, where is you dignity?? Are you one these poor slobs that will fly for nothing (or the opportunity to fly an airplane with that new car smell)?? Fly for food only??

Get a antidote for your AIDs (Aviation Induced Disease)...

Buzz Saw

BuzzSaw said:
So you are willing to sacrifice the meager income you make now?? Can you live on your income?? Can you afford your kids college and your retirement on your current (pre-cut income)??

ASADriver, where is you dignity?? Are you one these poor slobs that will fly for nothing (or the opportunity to fly an airplane with that new car smell)?? Fly for food only??

Get a antidote for your AIDs (Aviation Induced Disease)...

Buzz Saw

$80K/yr. with 15-18 days off a month......yep, I can live on that, save for retirement AND send the kids to college. And I'm no where near topped out.

ohplease! said:
$80K/yr. with 15-18 days off a month......yep, I can live on that, save for retirement AND send the kids to college. And I'm no where near topped out.

Dude, you must be living in a trailer. Or Alabama.

Latest resources

Back