• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA LEC meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh Please does not realize yet that if we are getting the airplanes, we will get them regardless of the contract we sign. This is all right out of the playbook.

The airplanes will go where the airplanes will go.

;)Just like before Pogue. They wanted us to take the pay freeze and we told them to stick it! And we STILL got the airplanes. AND if we are not getting the new airplanes, why are they still wasting time with the life vest BS and putting it in the FOM? Smoke and Mirrors baby!

www. said:
Not fair to the line pilots. MEC Chairman has his own duties. Capt. Rep has his own. If there are votes, would he get 2 votes? There is a reason that these are 2 separate positions. He knew this when he ran for the position.

Also, with SLC closing, we have enough pilots in 1 domicile to have dual reps. When are we going to put those out for a vote? Also, are the union reps chosen by the line pilots or can the MEC put whom ever they like in there?

Well, Ed, the Alpa Constitution & Bylaws allows the MEC chairman to also hold a rep position, for this reason, I presume. I don't hear Newie complaining, so why are you. Maybe the axe you have to grind with the MEC? Sour Grapes?

Oh, and according to Newie, the MEC passed the resolution to split 112. You really are out of the loop now, arent you?

www. said:
Not fair to the line pilots. MEC Chairman has his own duties. Capt. Rep has his own.quote]

The way I understand this is, it's an interim situation for something like two months (?) which would complete the term. Then elections will be held for the LEC Rep. I'm cool with it. Newie A-OK in my book. BL, CT, SH (who), and any other management stoolies are not.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

For all of you that are so outspoken with Union duties, for the love of God go and join, they could use the help. Second, Ohplease, take a long walk off a short pier bud, no one is buying your BS. We want a raise and piss on a paycut. No I don't want to go on strike, things are just getting for my family and I, but I also want to be able to look my kids in the eye and know I am not a sell out. How do the poor souls at Mesa and GOJets look at themselves in the mirror, I don't want to be like that.

ASARJMan said:
The way I understand this is, it's an interim situation for something like two months (?) which would complete the term. Then elections will be held for the LEC Rep. I'm cool with it. Newie A-OK in my book. BL, CT, SH (who), and any other management stoolies are not.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Exactly. Why risk destabilizing the MEC at a critical time. Those of us who were here back in the days when the MEC was a revolving door should remember it. ASA had a reputation for having the shortest tenure of MEC chairmen in the industry due to the recalls.

I don't blame Newie and the MEC one bit for cancelling the interim election. Interim elections cater to special interest groups. Much better to let the pilots at large decide in a general election.

Last edited:
WWW,

Have you ever run for and been elected to a position by the pilot group, at large? Are you running or just being disgruntled?

Latest resources

Back