ASA LEC meeting

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ohplease! said:
there will NEVER be a guarantee! duh. There are NO guarantees.

Watch what happens to our deliveries WHEN we settle a reasonable contract.

Just like CMR got all those planes when they took their concessions a couple of years ago. In case you forgot, they DID NOT GET ONE.

atrdriver said:
Just like CMR got all those planes when they took their concessions a couple of years ago. In case you forgot, they DID NOT GET ONE.
thanks for re-making my point.

ohplease! said:
thanks for re-making my point.

The point you apparantly made, and that I quoted, was "watch what happens to our deliveries when we settle a reasonable contract". CMR gave concessions to what Fred thought was "reasonable", and they got NOTHING for them. And before that you stated "settle the contract and watch the airframes roll in". I see your point as lets make a sub standard deal for the pilots and we will get growth. My point is that CMR did just that, and got nothing for it.

The idea of Newie continuing to serve as a Captain's Rep seems good to me. No complaints here.

ohplease! said:
take the small cut (2.6% upfront then 2.6% later) on the 70 and add rigs/min. day plus profit sharing and its a NET gain for the 70's as well.

As far as the FO's on the 70, its a small % of the whole group and they should be able to move up to the left seat and get a 100%+ raise along with the rigs/min. day with new A/C deliveries. The pay cut for FO's just puts them in line with everyone else. The company isn't asking to put them at the bottom.

Now, the IP's. I do have a problem with their being cut at all. They (most of them anyway) do an exceptional job with our training dept. For the most part, I'd say they deserve what they're being paid.
You would be surprised at how many people agree with this rational!

atrdriver said:
The point you apparantly made, and that I quoted, was "watch what happens to our deliveries when we settle a reasonable contract". CMR gave concessions to what Fred thought was "reasonable", and they got NOTHING for them. And before that you stated "settle the contract and watch the airframes roll in". I see your point as lets make a sub standard deal for the pilots and we will get growth. My point is that CMR did just that, and got nothing for it.
one more time for the slow kids......the point was.....there are NO guarantees.....see Comair, blah, blah, blah.....so....again.....thanks for re-making my point.

It is MY belief that as soon as we sign a REASONABLE contract, we will begin getting the planes we may or may not be getting anyway....until then, we probably won't get any new planes...they will continue to use them as leverage until they HAVE to have them in ATL.

Jack-O-Lantern said:
You would be surprised at how many people agree with this rational!
I wouldn't be surprised but, I bet a lot of the guys on this board would be. The only opinion/voice they hear is the one they choose to listen to...the one whining about the same thing they are whining about....over and over and over and over. They don't have ANY idea how many of us do not agree with their position.

You want Performance Plus in lieu of hourly pay? No one agrees with that. Not even the rats in the bag/dining room.

~~~^~~~ said:
The idea of Newie continuing to serve as a Captain's Rep seems good to me. No complaints here.

Not fair to the line pilots. MEC Chairman has his own duties. Capt. Rep has his own. If there are votes, would he get 2 votes? There is a reason that these are 2 separate positions. He knew this when he ran for the position.

Also, with SLC closing, we have enough pilots in 1 domicile to have dual reps. When are we going to put those out for a vote? Also, are the union reps chosen by the line pilots or can the MEC put whom ever they like in there?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back