• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ASA Furlough Fund

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks for doing some research into it. It definately sounds like it would be tricky to handle. To me, what ALPA was offering was the only real option we had. If the vote had not passed, I am not sure what direction we would have gone...if any at all.

There were other suggestions made by pilots.

There were other suggestions made by pilots.

There were suggestions, and not much more than that. What MTSU wrote was about as far as anybody went with it. Looking into it, seeing how difficult a challenge it would have been, and left it at that.

Without going back into all the messages on the ALPA Board, I don't think anything was beyond the idea stages.

To me, I wanted to help our furloughed pilots, and I thought what ALPA had out there was the best and frankly only thing at the time. If somebody had busted their ass and put together something tangible that was voluntary for us to donate into, I would have seriously considered voting a different way.

The reasons behind not voting for the proposal that people put out were legitimate to me.

There were suggestions, and not much more than that. What MTSU wrote was about as far as anybody went with it. Looking into it, seeing how difficult a challenge it would have been, and left it at that.

Without going back into all the messages on the ALPA Board, I don't think anything was beyond the idea stages.

To me, I wanted to help our furloughed pilots, and I thought what ALPA had out there was the best and frankly only thing at the time. If somebody had busted their ass and put together something tangible that was voluntary for us to donate into, I would have seriously considered voting a different way.

The reasons behind not voting for the proposal that people put out were legitimate to me.

This statement is not directed necessarily towards you. Given that there has been an abundance of ideas on this forum, and given that there has been alot of debate and criticism of actions put forth by ALPA, there has been no other credible action or follow through by any of the arm chair quarterbacks and naysayers on this board. TALK IS CHEAP!

In regard to all of the claims and pledges that MOST have made about the donations they would have made to a VOLUNTARY PROGRAM--I WAIVE THE B.S. FLAG!!!!!! Once again, history has proven that most people that make such claims, NEVER follow through! Who on this forum, or not, has taken the initiative to set up a VOLUNTARY PROGRAM? NONE! Because most people are talkers, criticizers, and NON-ACTION TAKERS! We all sit back, waste alot of energy moving our jaws talking, and fingers typing--but no leadership or action is taken! Who has written the first check to help? NONE!

Bottom line--We are all wasting alot of good oxygen criticizing instead of taking any action to address the issue! Here's one last chance: What woman or man is ready to step up to the plate to lead a voluntary program? The silence will be Deafening, but predictable!

Note: For the record, I include myself in the non-action taker group!

Last edited:
My favorite is the... "I would give wayyy more if it was voluntary"

Yep and you have no intention of working past 60.

Voluntary fund= good camoflage to hide behind while not chipping in a single cent, yet telling everyone you have.

[Involuntary] Furlough Fund= taking $300 from me to give to some BMW-driving CEO's son who has a 1 year vacation from his hobby job which he bought at a fast-track flight school in Florida.

[Involuntary] Furlough Fund= taking $300 from me to give to some BMW-driving CEO's son who has a 1 year vacation from his hobby job which he bought at a fast-track flight school in Florida.

Eh, not worth it.

Last edited:

You made me smile...thank you.

:D

Latest resources

Back