Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PA31Ho said:
Folks... what's up with the discriminating against total time? If somebody gets hired with 300 hours, then obviously the HR/Chief Pilot/whatever, found that individual capable of doing the job. I only have 700 hours and I got a phone call from 2 airlines within a week of each other, if they want to hire a 300 hour pilot over me, go for it... but that doesn't necessarily mean he's more qualified than me, and in the same token, that doesn't mean I'm more qualified than him.... lighten up... it's just a bunch of jealousy I think.

With all due respect, you'll feel differently in another 1000 or so hours. Guaranteed.

HMM

Yup, total time is always a direct indication of awesomeness. I believe it's a mathematical equation. I'll have to look it up.

By the way, you do know there are 5000+ hr captains that aren't worth a @#$% and rely solely on the FO to get by. Yet they don't know it. That's the scary part. At least the 300hr newbies will be open to criticism and learning something new. Flying a jet isn't rocket science.

Look to those who dog the lower time guys,

Its all in the attitude of the individual. High time or low time, if you are and a$$hole your an a$$hole. If you work hard and you bring a pretty good instrument background then you should do fine. When you say that a new guy is a burden on every captain then you are just full of yourself. Not everyone is born with the professionalism of you. New guys learn buy having good training and good captains. Just remember you were the new guy a one point so dont forget that. I have seen that the lower time guys are more open to suggestons than a high time guy who thinks he knows everything like yourself. We are all in the same boat here, lets help one another out. Good luck to everyone. It definitly beats working behind a desk.

I beleive these new posted minimums for ASA will only be applicable to the PFT wonders coming from those Florida Direct Hire programs...........I'm gonna shoot'em a fresh resume just for sh&t's and giggles, but I doubt their gonna be grabin folks up that are right there at 600tt and 100, unless you know folks who can walk your resume straight in...................

"Why Ike,.....We Cross???
-Val Kilmer, Tombstone

I thought I knew everything at 500 hours.

I thought I knew everything at 1000 hours and felt like I didn't really know anything at 500 hours after all.

I thought I knew everything at 1500 hours and felt like I didn't really know anything at 1000 hours after all.

I wonder what will happen in a couple months when I hit 2000. Any guesses?

I will have to honestly say that when I had 350 to 600 hours I was applying to every airline I could think of. Of course, I never received a call from any of them. After flying as A contract pilot in a BE58 and a PA31, I thought back and realized how much I truly learned while flying another 600 hours or so. I took my first 121 job with 1350TT and 450 Multi. There again, everything I learned throughout my extra 600 hours I apply in class for the JS32.
Looking back, I personally feel I was not ready to fly anything in a 121 setting and I'm glad that I had time to fly Charter in a BE58 and PA31; But I feel that if a person comes into an interview with 400, 600, or 1000 hours and they do well in the eyes of that company, they deserve a shot at the class. I hope that ASA won't just hire non-qualified people and that they would screen those that were interviewed very closely. I worked for ASA for about 4 years as a Station Agent during college and was fortunate enough to meet and get to know JS , RL, LB (I miss her)and even ole Skip. I would hope they pick the cream of the crop no matter what their TT is.
Just my Take.
Good Luck to the Candler boys and grls in their contract and Good Luck to those interviewing!

FCNelson said:
Stop acting like $25k is a lot of money (as a yearly salary). If you get hired at ASA, let me tacitly assure you, you are going to be POOR POOR POOR on first year pay, irregardless of whether its $19k/yr or $25k/yr. Understood?

This man is correct. I am nearing the end of my stay in first-year hell, and let me tell you that it has been a rotten experience for one reason only: pay. Everything else about the company has been OK by me, but the pay has been brutal. I've been working a second job on my off days for the last 2 months, and that has helped, but it's still offends me that I find that necessary. Make no mistake, a year is a long time when you're being hazed and forced to subsist on minimal cashflow, not to mention the fact that it'll probably take another 6 months to dig myself out of this morass. At least I haven't increased my debt, though. Good luck to all of my fellow purgatorians. Josh M.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back