Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SPIM said:
I find this one hard to believe given that the Delta Academy requires you to work there as an instructor before being able to recieve a Delta Academy sponsered interview. Have you seen the logbook or the resume?

There are supposedly some sort of direct track programs that enable you to skip the CFI part and get an on-site interview with an ASA IP, in the Saab 2000 sim or something. At least that's what I was told by one of the IPs, and I'm sure the DCI grads paid dearly for the privilege of being a regional FO.

I think they just take one or two a class. Now that just about every DCI carrier, Eagle, and CoEx are part of the "program", they can probably place enough "grads" to pay for shiny ads in Flying magazine advertising "interviews".

Likely the fact that on first year pay at ASA, you'll make a whopping $25k with minimal pay and days off accounts for the fact they're having trouble attracting qualified applicants. They're getting applicants, YES, just not qualified applicants. Anybody QUALIFIED has the brains to not go there. ASA is just a sweat shop disguised as a regional airline.

FCNelson said:
Likely the fact that on first year pay at ASA, you'll make a whopping $25k with minimal pay and days off accounts for the fact they're having trouble attracting qualified applicants. They're getting applicants, YES, just not qualified applicants. Anybody QUALIFIED has the brains to not go there. ASA is just a sweat shop disguised as a regional airline.

I guess you know all this because you work here right?!?

Found this via AIR INC

Another Hot AIR News item was posted to the AIR, Inc. Web site:

>> Hot AIR News Headline: ASA Posts New Mins

Atlantic Southeast Airlines, a Delta Air Lines subsidiary, has revised
their pilot hiring minimums to 600 total time, 100 multi-engine, and 100
hours within the last six months.

Maybe they just don't want to hire furloughed mainline guys... Especially from OTHER mainline carriers. Whaddya think, he'll stick around when NWA comes a-callin'?

Certainly, but he would have been there for two years now and counting. Besides, we have hired furloughees from many carriers including Delta. I have not heard of anyone furloughed from NWA getting on with us. Makes me wonder if someone in charge of hiring got snubbed at NWA and is still upset about it.

HAZ-MAT said:
My good friend is in the Sim section of flight training at ASA. His partner is a graduate of the Delta Connection Academy with a TT of 300 hours. So I'm guessing that this person could also be a graduate of the DCA program also.

I call bullsh!t. I work at DCA and that is not happening. To apply at ASA you have to have at least 1000/100. Thats all she wrote.

Latest resources

Back