Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FCNelson said:
Stop acting like $25k is a lot of money (as a yearly salary). If you get hired at ASA, let me tacitly assure you, you are going to be POOR POOR POOR on first year pay, irregardless of whether its $19k/yr or $25k/yr. Understood?

I understand what you are saying. I am not acting like $25K is a lot of money. But, it is a lot, if true, compared to most regionals. I haven't seen one yet that first year pay is over $20K. Hearing $25K caught my attention. You are going to be poor your first year at any regional, not just ASA.

From what I can see, however, Comair, ExpressJet and ASA are the best paying, maybe AirWis in there too. With those you will be making about $30K+ after year one, if AirlinePilotPay.com is correct.

mnixon said:
As a self proclaimed Gear B!tch, your certainly qualified to talk.

I am a hell of alot more qualified than you and that is for d@mn sure!!!!

I have more time in IMC conditions than you have total junior.

BoilerUP said:
Yeah! Because another 600 hours of Cessna 152 dual given makes you instantly qualified for a 121 job:rolleyes:

LOL!

You kids are definetly a burden to a captain. CRJDog is right. Gold Seal donesn't mean sh!t in the 121 world.

Last edited:
HAZ-MAT said:
My good friend is in the Sim section of flight training at ASA. His partner is a graduate of the Delta Connection Academy with a TT of 300 hours. So I'm guessing that this person could also be a graduate of the DCA program also.

GOOD LORD 300TT Now that is freakin scary to get on with that much time!

B190Captain said:
LOL!

You kids are definetly a burden to a captain. CRJDog is right. Gold Seal donesn't mean sh!t in the 121 world.

Thanks for the advice, dad.

How about not judging a pilot based upon his age and/or total time, and by the skill they bring to the cockpit. Oh thats right, you've judged us already, because the path we took is different, therefore inferior, to yours.

You are right, Gold Seal doesn't mean anything in the 121 world. Neither does 1500 hours of dual given in single engine Cessnas, ESPECIALLY when it comes to flying a taco jet or a lawn dart. Besides, the hardest part of flying a jet is decent planning and energy management. Once you figure that out (and under the instruction of an experienced captain, it doesn't take long), its a piece of cake.

BoilerUP said:
Thanks for the advice, dad.

How about not judging a pilot based upon his age and/or total time, and by the skill they bring to the cockpit. Oh thats right, you've judged us already, because the path we took is different, therefore inferior, to yours.

You are right, Gold Seal doesn't mean anything in the 121 world. Neither does 1500 hours of dual given in single engine Cessnas, ESPECIALLY when it comes to flying a taco jet or a lawn dart. Besides, the hardest part of flying a jet is decent planning and energy management. Once you figure that out (and under the instruction of an experienced captain, it doesn't take long), its a piece of cake.

Like I said before a pilot with that little experience such as 300-600 hrs is a burden to the cockpit of a jet or even turboprop. Granted, there are those that are sharp and adapt quickly but there is always the ones that aren't worth a sh!t.

Trust me from experience, I have flown with both and perhaps it was wrong for me to pass judgement based on such little time. But it makes me laugh when some cocky CFI steps into indoc class thinking that he/she knows it all. When they step into the cockpit out of IOE depending on how well he was taught by his OE captain he/she is still weak in all aspects of 121 operations, therefore, a burden to his line captain. Period!

Oh and by the way, I am not that old.

Good luck!

Last edited:
B190Captain said:
Like I said before a pilot with that little experience such as 300-600 hrs is a burden to the cockpit of a jet or even turboprop. Granted, there are those that are sharp and adapt quickly but there is always the ones that aren't worth a sh!t.

Trust me from experience, I have flown with both and perhaps it was wrong for me to pass judgement based on such little time. But it makes me laugh when some cocky CFI steps into indoc class thinking that he/she knows it all. When they step into the cockpit out of IOE depending on how well he was taught by his OE captain he/she is still weak in all aspects of 121 operations, therefore, a burden to his line captain. Period!

Oh and by the way, I am not that old.

Good luck!

You sure know a lot for a CRJ 200 FO.

Folks... what's up with the discriminating against total time? If somebody gets hired with 300 hours, then obviously the HR/Chief Pilot/whatever, found that individual capable of doing the job. I only have 700 hours and I got a phone call from 2 airlines within a week of each other, if they want to hire a 300 hour pilot over me, go for it... but that doesn't necessarily mean he's more qualified than me, and in the same token, that doesn't mean I'm more qualified than him.... lighten up... it's just a bunch of jealousy I think.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back