Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Funny story from Candler land.....

A few years ago I was at a craw fish boil with a whole bunch of other ASA folks and some DAL folks. In fact the house was a DAL CA's house and his son flies for ASA. The son that flies for ASA had a tough time getting hired because he only had 500 hours TT. His previous job? B1 bomber commander out of Warner Robbins. This is just proof of how f'ed up the ASA hiring department can be, granted this was about 5 years ago. This guy got lucky and got a slot with very little flight time with the guard out of Robbins, they only flew every once and a while and we weren't at war, however, the short sightedness of some in recruiting felt that a CFI with 1200/200 had more experience than a commander on a B1. I do believe current chief pilot FL helped him out.

True story, this pilot I speak of is currently on Mil. leave flying C17's out of CHS, and if your reading this thanks for serving our country.

Cheers

:eek: Just the company trying to get some new meat in here to prevent the inevidable.....STRIKE BABY!!!!! Remember guys, we are holding ALL of the cards on this deal! Don't let the company kool-aid infect you with dis-information. We are making a TON of MONEY!!!

Plug said:
Actually Blue ridge wasn't speaking out of his hiney, dunno what your definition of senior is but SLC FO went in the low to mid 1600's or Jan. 05'

I think the newness of SLC has finally worn off. All those Southerners out there tried their best to be snowboarders and skiers this winter, and now that the snow is gone, they are starting to wander back to ATL.

600/100

It is true, 600/100. The word is they are having a hard time finding people with higher time then this. With the contract issues and all the negative feelings the the ASA pilots have, it seems a lot of pilots don't want to give ASA a try with the current issues.

Good luck.

Author of:
http://www.crjstudyguide.com

HAZ-MAT said:
My good friend is in the Sim section of flight training at ASA. His partner is a graduate of the Delta Connection Academy with a TT of 300 hours. So I'm guessing that this person could also be a graduate of the DCA program also.

Oh boy...here we go again.

FCNelson said:
Likely the fact that on first year pay at ASA, you'll make a whopping $25k with minimal pay and days off accounts for the fact they're having trouble attracting qualified applicants. They're getting applicants, YES, just not qualified applicants. Anybody QUALIFIED has the brains to not go there. ASA is just a sweat shop disguised as a regional airline.

25K a year? They must be payin' more since I left ASA. My first W2 at ASA was just over $17,000.

Wouldn't it be wild if airlines just did what they needed to do to turn a profit and leave the whores till after work?

Latest resources

Back