Asa 600tt/100me?????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Blueridge,

Please refrain from talking out of your hiney. The 700 is very senior in SLC and half Sr/Jr in ATL. The lines do suck but if you are on the top half of the list the type of flying is worth the longer trips. (Trying to put a positive spin on the lines) An ATL CPT in the vicinity of 400 or so in sen bid FO SLC to be there.
The previous poster was correct about growth in SLC; the only way to get there as a newhire is through rapid growth in SLC. I fly the 700 for ASA and feel marginally qualified to comment.

$0.02

TT is important - don't get me wrong. But above all it's the maturity level and attitude that matter. You can teach a monkey to fly an airplane - but you can't instill "common sense" and the instincts that come with maturity and good attitude. I might be blowing smoke - but don't the military guys/gals get in their first jet with a few hundred hours and are soon later flying jets solo? It's experience that will give you the confidence to say "no" of course...but it's the maturity to think "F This!" that will give you the confidence to believe in your decisions and execute them with confidence and efficiency...and of course safety. As someone said: Thier are Yeagers & Morons in both seats, in all aircraft, with all sorts of hours. Sorry to hijack the thread...

AZT

Why is this such a big deal, there were people in my class over 7 years ago that only had 700 hours total time and they are still here today, yes the RJ is alot of airplane or someone with little experience to handle but if you study and prepare, and our training department is excellent you really should not have any problem.

When I graduated college age 22 with 1400/300, I could do a Vmc demo w/ my eyes shut and I thought I knew alot.

A few months later when I was a G-I FO over the Atlantic from EWR enroute to BDA (which had unforecast 30kt gust 50kt). We lost the left engine due to fuel contamination past our PNR, I learned I didn't know as much as I thought.
When I had 2500TT I flew as a LJ FO and we took out of SJO with the tail stand on. And I learned something more: I learned not to let the CA do a walk-around at 3am. Thank God it fell off over the Yucatan somewhere.

When I had 3500 TT and was a new J-41 CA and had to shut down the right engine due to low oil pressure, I learned something more. Engines still hate me.

Now 28, with nearly 6000TT, I learned what's most important of all: I'll never know more than you, fly what makes you happy, bid smart and never sacrifice time home with the family.

Tailwinds...

I am not sure why anyone would be on the 70 seater here. I am trying to get back to the 50 seater,but this great company will not allow that. The lines and sch. for the 70 suck. Even if you are in the top 40---tell me what are you flying oh I know 4 DAYS....LIT, LIT,OMA
or MCI,MCI,STL....WOW and you are flying with the top 40 guys in the company, that tells you how to fly.-- not much fun happening on the 70seater.

Amen! I would LOVE to get off the 70, but noooooo way! I would be holding 3 on 4 off on the 50, but am BARELY off reserve on the 70. The worst part is if you are in the bottom half of the 70 list ----- YOU NEVER MOVE UP! Every time there are vacancies, senior 50 or ATR guys jump over. I'm not complaining about that, its fair and how seniority works, but, it would be nice if the company allowed you to go anywhere your seniority ## dictates you can hold, if there is a vacancy.

Stuck in crappy 70 schedule h#ll!

QUIT B!TCHING about the 700.. You want to talk about SUCK lines.. look at the ATR BID PACK..... Hell, We have 37 lines and 60 FO's... That means 18+ RESERVE LINES.. Half our lines are RESERVE!

We have 4 days where the first day is 7 legs going into a reduced rest 9 hour over night... THAT IS THE FIRST day of the 4 day! OH yea and we only have 3 destinations outside of Georgia and Alabama!

Guess what.... They wont let us off the ATR EITHER.. NEWHIRES ARE GOING EVERYWHERE... BUT THE CRAP POSITIONS...

I DONT WANT TO HEAR IT FROM ANY 700 PEOPLE!

I'll have to bookmark this page so I can look at it whenever I start thinking about the couple bucks an hour more I could make on the 70.

Looking at the prelims it seems a lot of junior people are moving from the 50 to the 70. Seems that they may be in for a rude awakening.

The 70 schedules STILL suck! The ATR just sucks more!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back