Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm in the bottom 10%. I voted NO.

My reasons:
1-Eliminating 2nd step for no apparent reason other than to exert their will on us.
2-While guaranteeing the mitigation of current forecast furloughs, there is no guarantee of future furloughs (say the one they'd announce for Nov. 1.)
3-If my #2 concern comes true, ALPA will be put in a corner. ALPA can choose to exit the program (feeling we've been duped) which management will use to say ALPA is exacerbating the problem and thus creating the need for more furloughs (and more vitrol from junior members.)
4-It still allows pilots to fly to FAR limits through VSA and premium trips (at straight pay). If this MOU passes, the company could conceivably mark every trip a premium trip, thereby allowing anyone to fly over the monthly max.

I'd prefer we actually negotiate a program mutually. If that isn't an option, we need to enforce ourselves as has been suggested by others.

Fire away,
Wally
I'll start.
Wally, it's dip$hit thinking like yours that is the ruin of us all. You are making decisions based on speculation, conspiracy theory, and fear mongering by an MEC chair that loves to tell you that he's "playing poker" with his constituent's livliehoods and families. Well, guess what, they weren't bluffing. Good thing they avoided being put in that hypothetical corner, eh?
While your spinning all sorts of fantasy scenario possibilities, you (and the rest of you losers) have completely disregarded FACT. Why do you hate fact so? Did you even read the MOU? Were there too many big words?
FACT - There would have been 30 less names on the list today.
FACT - No matter what happened in the future, at the absolute worst case, the temporary inconvenience to the half of the guys that actually benefit from second step; as well as the ability to undermine their fellow pilots by picking up VSA, would be over in a little over a year. That's worst case, of course. If your 100% hypothetical scenarios played out, it would almost assuredly have ended much sooner.
FACT - This pilot group just did the most shameful thing I have ever seen a pilot group do and I will never forget it. I can't fully put into words the contempt I have for you bitches. 30 Families and you didn't even try. Couldn't suck up pilot-to-pilot trades for a few months to help 30 Families. :angryfire What, in the name of Christ, is wrong with you?

Last edited:
I'll start.
Wally, it's dip$hit thinking like yours that is the ruin of us all. You are making decisions based on speculation, conspiracy theory, and fear mongering by an MEC chair that loves to tell you that he's "playing poker" with his constituent's livliehoods and families. Well, guess what, they weren't bluffing. Good thing they avoided being put in that hypothetical corner, eh?
While your spinning all sorts of fantasy scenario possibilities, you (and the rest of you losers) have completely disregarded FACT. Why do you hate fact so? Did you even read the MOU? Were there too many big words?
FACT - There would have been 30 less names on the list today.
FACT - No matter what happened in the future, at the absolute worst case, the temporary inconvenience to the half of the guys that actually benefit from second step; as well as the ability to undermine their fellow pilots by picking up VSA, would be over in a little over a year. That's worst case, of course. If your 100% hypothetical scenarios played out, it would almost assuredly have ended much sooner.
FACT - This pilot group just did the most shameful thing I have ever seen a pilot group do and I will never forget it. I can't fully put into words the contempt I have for you bitches. Looks to me like you did a great job putting into words what you think of these pu$$ies. 30 Families and you didn't even try. Couldn't suck up pilot-to-pilot trades for a few months to help 30 Families. :angryfire What, in the name of Christ, is wrong with you?

Perfect. I am going to frame your post and hang it on my wall. Beautifully said. This is one sorry pilot group.

Last edited:
I'll summarize:

Senior/VSA guy: "It's more important for me to make some extra money than it is for you to make any money"

Great, let the name calling and the bitching begin. My heart goes out to those who are/will be furloughed. As long as my finances allow, we will continue to donate to the furlough fund. I honestly do feel your pain, but some of you guys are way out of line. You know who you are. It wasn't just the VSAers and greedy bastages who voted NO for this MOU. I had my reasons and just because one voted NO doesn't make him/her selfish or an idiot. You guys are creating a bad name for the rest of the furloughed folks. Yal'll sound like you are from the "I am entitled" juvenile generation. Geez!

Let me ask you this... how many of you voted for the TA? Like someone said before, I told you so!

I know we're not supposed to throw around the "scab" word lightly.

That said, I think the VSAers are in a similar vein and the furloughed guys feel like they're on strike.

Imagine the frustration we feel, being forced out of a job and then seeing others making 150% off of flying we would gladly be doing.

These VScAbs won - and most on the furlough list probably feel like it was through a misreading of the MOU.

I call that one a close one... don't you think Baze, Baja...

About as close as you get. I was the last on property in 02' for my last furlough. Time to shop for a parka, snow shoes, crampons & a 'new' awd car. Gotta love (read hate) this industry! See ya @ the ice fishing hole!!

Baja.

Great, let the name calling and the bitching begin. My heart goes out to those who are/will be furloughed. As long as my finances allow, we will continue to donate to the furlough fund. I honestly do feel your pain, but some of you guys are way out of line. You know who you are. It wasn't just the VSAers and greedy bastages who voted NO for this MOU. I had my reasons and just because one voted NO doesn't make him/her selfish or an idiot. You guys are creating a bad name for the rest of the furloughed folks. Yal'll sound like you are from the "I am entitled" juvenile generation. Geez!

Let me ask you this... how many of you voted for the TA? Like someone said before, I told you so!

You can try to spin it however you want but like it or not, actions speak louder than words. When guys and gals are looking at losing their houses and moving in with the inlaws they are going to be understandably emotional and frustrated. Then to have a glimmer of hope that is squashed not by the company they know is two-faced but by their peers who were supposed to stand by them in unity, its hard to see it any way but that they were sold out. I'm not trying to justify name calling but simply pointing out how people feel out there.

If I was getting cut I would burn my sick leave and take the next month off looking for a job/taking care of my affairs. Then when the Company has no reserves next month we can all get some satisfaction when the company has to cancel a ton of flights due to no crews/reserves. You only loose 2.5 hours a day on reserve I think so you won't loose that much sick leave for when you come back. Which I hope is soon! I voted for you!

Alright. Maybe names should not have been called but really, the MOU is not the main issue. It is that the MOU should never seen the light of day. If this pilot group would have been acting like a union and not flying max lines and VSA then this MOU/furlough would not even be a topic of discussion. Our union is a bunch of individuals doing what is good for only the individual. Not everyone is like that but there are enough that crap like this gets to happen. Look how lame the group is in regards to S.K. furlough fund for example. Who has the power if we dropped to min guarantee for a month or two? I guess you would need some caring and unity for that to ever happen. I have heard enough guys say that being furloughed is a part of life for the airline pilot (although they are nowhere near the crosshairs).

Latest resources

Back