AS Furlough Mitigation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NOT TRUE - Read below:

F. If the Company issues a notice of intent to furlough while this MOU is in effect the
provisions of Section 23 (Furlough & Recall) will apply in total. Additionally, this MOU will terminate thirty (30) days after the notice of intent to furlough issues unless the parties mutually agree to extend or modify the program prior to expiration of the thirty (30) day notice period.

This MOU WILL SAVE 30 families! If the Co decides to furlough later the terms of the MOU will go away and we're back to where we are today!!!

This is about GREEDY pilots wanting to keep their VSA and premium pay. The worse loss is the loss of 2nd step. and in the year of bidding I don't remember getting any 2nd step trades. This MOU is about scaling back hours and allowing 30 families to be saved. PLEASE think for the group and not for yourself.

Baja.

Baja,
Having worked for this company since the "happy days", I'm pretty certain that it's just more than the "greedy VSAer's" who are against this thing. The devil is in the details. It's difficult to think when one's desperate but we need to try real hard to see the big picture. Since the TA, I for once agree with the union on this one. It's a NO for me for the second time. If the company honestly want to mitigate further furloughs, they'll meet us at the table and we will "negotiate" the terms with better language. It's a hostage situation; that's all it is, IMO.

NOT TRUE - Read below:

F. If the Company issues a notice of intent to furlough while this MOU is in effect the
provisions of Section 23 (Furlough & Recall) will apply in total. Additionally, this MOU will terminate thirty (30) days after the notice of intent to furlough issues unless the parties mutually agree to extend or modify the program prior to expiration of the thirty (30) day notice period.

This MOU WILL SAVE 30 families! If the Co decides to furlough later the terms of the MOU will go away and we're back to where we are today!!!

This is about GREEDY pilots wanting to keep their VSA and premium pay. The worse loss is the loss of 2nd step. and in the year of bidding I don't remember getting any 2nd step trades. This MOU is about scaling back hours and allowing 30 families to be saved. PLEASE think for the group and not for yourself.

Baja.

I don't think it is necessarily greed. The company is basically using 30 families as hostages to get what they could not get through contract negotiations and many folks have had enough. Even if their motives were honest, although I doubt it, their past actions have created such an atmosphere of resent and distrust, nobody believes a word they say.

What kills me is the same people who are saying, "NO! We should not have this thing crammed down our throats!" are mostly the same people who voted in a contract that had WEAKER furlough language.

We had a chance to get stronger furlough language. . . remember that whole contract talks dealy? Now about nine months late, you have a chance to stop VSA and all of you NO voters are against it again?

And if the MOU doesn't prevent furloughs, it dies! You get back 150% and second step.

Latest MEC message sure implies a No Vote.

Whoever wrote that didn't sound unbiased, did they.

LEC 67 wants a NO recommendation from the MEC. Okay, but what do the other LECs have to say?

I think that it is clear what the others thought. They walked out of the meeting to prevent a vote from taking place.

wonderful...

I voted yes for the MOU for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, it will prevent the furlough of thirty pilots this fall. Couple that with the restrictions on padding your line above 83 or so and I believe that will prevent the need for further furloughs. The second step thing is a bummer, but I have never used it in 6.5 years with the company. There are some good points being made on both sides, such as the senior folks are being asked to ante up most of the savings for the most junior. That is the primary reason why the thing will never pass.
On a related note, resolution 09-34 was passed by the MEC unanimously. Under Resolution 09-34, the 30 most junior pilots at the company will have their organs harvested and sold on the open market no later than 9/1/2009. The proceeds of the organ sales will be distributed to the pilot group on a weighted average basis respecting seat position, years of service and W2 earnings. After an eleventh hour blitz by the over 60 crowd, the concession was made that the adrenal glands of the soon to be former pilots would be the sole possession of pilots over the age of 60. The adrenochrome can then be harvested and processed according to standard practices and then either ingested or sold on the market solely at the discretion of those pilots over the age of 60.
The 30 flight bags, flashlights, I-pods, backpacks, and rollerboard wheel lights will be available on a first come, first served basis on 9/2/2009 at the MEC office.

Latest resources

Back