• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are the Frontier pilots happy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You probably flew at Great Lakes for a whole year and then walked onto an airbus!!!! Boy, you really paid your dues??? Do a little research before you run your mouth, geek! Your'e giving the Good people at F9 a bad name!:puke:

Not sure what Mojito's background is, but in terms of paying dues to fly the Airbus at Frontier, it doesn't matter where you came from. What DOES matter is that every F9 pilot that flies an Airbus has been vetted by, in most cases, a very thurough and tough selection process. From 9/11 until summer of '08 Frontier was one of the destination airlines to work for. Thousands of applications were parsed through to find the right stuff, and once hired it was one of the best jobs in all of aviation on most levels.

The frustration you see now is, by the stroke of a pen, thousands of regional pilots bypassed this sacred "right of passage" on the seniority list. And in the worst case scenerio (from an F9 perspective) these regional pilots who were given this seniority windfall will reap the benefit at the expense of the Frontier pilots whom worked so hard to get here. That is the frustration you see, not personal disgust for any individual pilot, although some of the young novice pilots at RAH are testing that theory.

Not sure what Mojito's background is, but in terms of paying dues to fly the Airbus at Frontier, it doesn't matter where you came from. What DOES matter is that every F9 pilot that flies an Airbus has been vetted by, in most cases, a very thurough and tough selection process. From 9/11 until summer of '08 Frontier was one of the destination airlines to work for. Thousands of applications were parsed through to find the right stuff, and once hired it was one of the best jobs in all of aviation on most levels.

The frustration you see now is, by the stroke of a pen, thousands of regional pilots bypassed this sacred "right of passage" on the seniority list. And in the worst case scenerio (from an F9 perspective) these regional pilots who were given this seniority windfall will reap the benefit at the expense of the Frontier pilots whom worked so hard to get here. That is the frustration you see, not personal disgust for any individual pilot, although some of the young novice pilots at RAH are testing that theory.

Apparently, spelling wasn't high on the vetting process. ;)

Last edited:
Apparently, spelling wasn't high on the vetting process. ;)

There is always one dolt that totally misses the point and instead chooses to make an idiotic barb (especially when it comes to spelling and grammer). Thanks for exposing yourself today trainer8!! All other nitwits need not apply.

There is always one dolt that totally misses the point and instead chooses to make an idiotic barb (especially when it comes to spelling and grammer). Thanks for exposing yourself today trainer8!! All other nitwits need not apply.

Apparently, neither was thin skin, huh?. Ease up there, Ace. It's just a message board.

And, btw, it's g-r-a-m-m-a-r...grammar. (Dooh!....sorry, couldn't help it.)

Last edited:
You probably flew at Great Lakes for a whole year and then walked onto an airbus!!!! Boy, you really paid your dues???

Yup, some Frontier Pilots came from Great Lakes. I did 6 years there. We were the ones who could pass upgrade. The one's who couldn't - they went to Republic. Give me the initials of one pilot who was able to upgrade at Lakes before sulking off to RAH. I can attest that you won't find one in at least the last 9 years.

Couldn't pass a checkride in a 1900? Wow, that's sad. Superior airmen indeed. Where I came from (8 years before going to F9), we flew them single pilot. The Metro, too.

Yeah, 8 years of single-pilot 135 cargo in the mountains. No dues paid here...

After 9/11, we got quite a few regional pukes (furloughs). Most of 'em were gone inside of 6 months...

In the past month I have flown with two USAF U-2 Drivers......do they need some time in a little jet to get some experience? BTW I didn't get hired at GL, I was told by Buddah that I had "...too much confidence..." That was nearly 20 years ago, back when many "experts" here were still sharting in Diapers and fascinated by shiny things....

Latest resources

Back