Are the Frontier pilots happy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
GuppyWN,

As one SWA pilot to another, your making us all look like sh!t over here! Karma is a b!tch my friend.

Frontier/Republic/Midwest pilots we wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:
If Airtran gets ratioed in, I predict a powerplay that makes USAirways east pale in comparison. SWA has the numbers and the 'swagger' to make a mess of things if they choose.

GuppyWN,
As one SWA pilot to another, your making us all look like sh!t over here! Karma is a b!tch my friend.
Frontier/Republic/Midwest pilots we wish you the best of luck!

runawayjockey,
Thanks for the well wishes. You represent the SW guys that we all thought we used to know and like, not the arrogant, contemptible, and selfserving types that have taken over these message boards over the past few years.

GuppyWN was an F9 guy who would have been very senior if he had stayed. He has always kept a keen eye on everything Frontier ever since he left. Kind of like keeping score. Unfortunately, he likes to poke the F9 guys in the eye whenever something doesn't go their way or rub salt in their wounds. Furthermore, he wanted to throw his old buddies under the bus when it came to the SWAPA/FAPA negotiation. Karma may meet him around the corner when the good folks at Airtran are integrated into the SWAPA seniority list. Ironically, they may get relative seniority using the very precedence that screwed his old Frontier "pals" over in their recent arbitration.

But in the event you were asking an honest question CG, no we're not happy with the arbitration and it may spell the end of this once great little airline. At that point, may you finally be happy and not look back. Waiting for more salt....

Last edited:
USMC319,

You are correct with regarding F9. Frontier was once a great airline with great people, too bad RAH got involved. Best of luck to all the Frontier professionals.

Boy this is a rough crowd.

What part of "explain to me your position so I understand" and "I'm not hatin' on you" don't you guys get? It was intended to be the same as asking a guy who had two job offers if he could look back and say it was the right move picking X over Z.

I was also trying to understand your logic to apply it to our upcoming fiasco. There was no hate, inferred or implied, in my initial post. If you took it that way it's because you're spring loaded. I will take this ass chewing in stride and mind my own business.

Signed,
The Pretentious Prick

Boy this is a rough crowd.

What part of "explain to me your position so I understand" and "I'm not hatin' on you" don't you guys get? It was intended to be the same as asking a guy who had two job offers if he could look back and say it was the right move picking X over Z.

I was also trying to understand your logic to apply it to our upcoming fiasco. There was no hate, inferred or implied, in my initial post. If you took it that way it's because you're spring loaded. I will take this ass chewing in stride and mind my own business.

Signed,
The Pretentious Prick

Pretty low jab at your ex- F9 bros and sis's. I hope you do mind your own business?
Now I know who you are CG! Next time I see you in the DEN crew room, I won't be shy in saying hello to you.
Your signature sign off sounds about right.

Gup,
The Frontier line pilots were never given any options to choose from, but to answer your question, I would have preferred the headlines to have read in this order:

1. Frontier secures substantial exit financing from BK and plans to grow their unique and popular brand for the long haul.
2. Southwest buys Frontier out of BK after an amicable seniority integration was reached by SWAPA and FAPA, making Denver the airline's largest hub and launches Southwest into the International arena.
3. Frontier is purchaced by Republic Holdings, which will become the "flagship" of the Holding's portfolio of airlines and will remain an independent entity.

As you know now, we didn't get any of those things. And I think the reaction to your original question was to be expected. Its like asking a rape victim laying on the ground if they wished they had walked down a different alley.

The fat lady has not yet Sung, If the STS falls through for IBT, the IMSL is irrelevant to FAPA.

Seniority would have to be renegotiated with a whole new set of facts (we saved you would no longer be a relevant if inaccurate argument) if a later ruling declares them single carrier

The FA's were declared separate and not much has changed with the airline since that happened.

So GUP, I'm guessing that there is a sting, but that the fight is still on.

runawayjockey,
Thanks for the well wishes. You represent the SW guys that we all thought we used to know and like, not the arrogant, contemptible, and selfserving types that have taken over these message boards over the past few years.

GuppyWN was an F9 guy who would have been very senior if he had stayed. He has always kept a keen eye on everything Frontier ever since he left. Kind of like keeping score. Unfortunately, he likes to poke the F9 guys in the eye whenever something doesn't go their way or rub salt in their wounds. Furthermore, he wanted to throw his old buddies under the bus when it came to the SWAPA/FAPA negotiation. Karma may meet him around the corner when the good folks at Airtran are integrated into the SWAPA seniority list. Ironically, they may get relative seniority using the very precedence that screwed his old Frontier "pals" over in their recent arbitration.

Absolute spot on characterization of this 'little fish'. He constantly whips out the attitude, and then when he gets trounced (like now), he back pedals with the 'gee I was really just being sincere' type of comment.

Since you have been asking this SAME question for over a year and a half now in so many ways - here is a hypothetical answer for you.

Pretend thatjust now, I personally called every single FAPA pilot and every one of them said "yes...I wish we had 'chosen' the SWA offer instead". Unanimous. Every single one. NOW WHAT??

Do you stand atop the Flightinfo mountain and scream 'I told you so' for everyone to hear? Does finally receiving the consensus you seek give you a warm feeling inside? Do you continue to bask in the glow of your unbelievably lucky decision to leave Frontier and get hired at SWA? In other words...what's your friggin point d.b.?

To answer your question, Are the Frontier pilots happy? Well, I've been happier. But watching your two-faced, pathetic attempt at filling some giant self-esteem hole in your life, self destruct like it has in this thread... has cheered me up considerably. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back