Are the Frontier pilots happy?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
------------------------------------------------------

There is only one way that a "whipsaw" occurs in this situation. The RAH Pilots must AGREE to do our jobs (Airbus/Narrow Body flying) for less money. To my simple mind that would leave the ball and moral decision in the Republic Pilot's court. We'll have to what and see what decision is made.
uh.........well it's not like that hasn't happened before.

So your advice is that we just go ahead and surrender our careers in the name of "Oneness"? Is that what you say the RAH Pilots have been trying to tell us?

There is only one way that a "whipsaw" occurs in this situation. The RAH Pilots must AGREE to do our jobs (Airbus/Narrow Body flying) for less money. To my simple mind that would leave the ball and moral decision in the Republic Pilot's court. We'll have to wait and see what decision is made.

If you strike, then we strike.

So your advice is that we just go ahead and surrender our careers in the name of "Oneness"? Is that what you say the RAH Pilots have been trying to tell us?

There is only one way that a "whipsaw" occurs in this situation. The RAH Pilots must AGREE to do our jobs (Airbus/Narrow Body flying) for less money. To my simple mind that would leave the ball and moral decision in the Republic Pilot's court. We'll have to wait and see what decision is made.

Well thats something that FAPA and LOCAL357 must work ASAP, with or with out a single carrier ruling!! If we aren't one witch it could be the case, both sides need to agree that NO side will do such a travestie as long it has the Frontier name and colors (F9, CHQ, YX). Because we aren't in one list that should never ever stop us from agreing on protection from these azzholez (management).

5-early is right about the airbusses. RAH's contract does not have payrates for them. For the RAH guys to fly them for less, the RAH guys would have to agree to do so.

If the RAH guys do ratify lower rates, they will be deserving of all the derision that can be heaped upon them, but until and unless, it's all speculation.

Do you people not understand what is going to happen to you if there is no STS? RAH pilots have been trying to tell you for months that if we do not become 1, you WILL be out of a job in a very short time.

BB and WH want us to be separate for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To transfer every single one of your precious sidesticked airplanes over to a pilot group who will fly them for less.

It's not IF it will happen. It's WHEN.

Tell you what, Jack... Get the all mighty IBT to negotiate HIGHER pay rates than ours for the airbus, then BB won't want to transfer them to your pilot group. I'm sure you and the IBT won't cave like you did with the EMB190 (letting BB remove one seat from the airplane to not have to negotiate new rates for the EMB190). After that debacle, seems to me you should be worried more about how the IBT will screw you in this scenario, than worrying about us. Face it, Jack, the very reason you even wrote the quote above is because you and most of your IBT brothers would be more than willing to fly the airbus for less pay. Like you said, "To transfer every single one of your precious sidesticked(sic) airplanes over to a pilot group who WILL fly them for less." Emphasis added by me, but you get the point--you are admitting to being more than willing to fly our aircraft for less. Shameful. Just shameful. How about you prove all of us wrong and stand up for yourselves. Let's see the IBT negotiate a contract that even comes close to ours--and I'm not just talking about pay, I'm talking overall. As a matter of fact, the regional I worked for before the one I currently work for (just threw up a bit in my mouth as I typed that:puke:) has a better "agreement" than your contract and they aren't even unionized. Like I said, shameful! Unfortunately, the only one I see that doesn't "understand" anything is you and the majority of your IBT brothers who are more than willing to whore yourselves out to fly the airbus. And for the record, I could care less what I fly, as long as BB and the IBT don't mess with my pay. I'd be more than happy to fly an EMB190 for $150,000 a year. Of course that would never happen because YOU are willing to fly them for $80,000 a year.

--LM

. Face it, Jack, the very reason you even wrote the quote above is because you and most of your IBT brothers would be more than willing to fly the airbus for less pay. Like you said, "To transfer every single one of your precious sidesticked(sic) airplanes over to a pilot group who WILL fly them for less."

--LM

It's true. This will be an ego game. It's natural behavior of pilots. Personally I don't care about the SLI anymore. I just don't want the
AWA/US mess here. Suprisingly there are so many RAH guys wants to
go alone and willing to fly for less. I can't imagine if XYers were flying
buses instead 717, that would be total mess now. Don't be surprised,
the current negotiation talk between IBT and BB, covers upto
widebodies(yes! not narrowbodies! e190 is narrowbody anyways:laugh:)

Last edited:
Of course it covers widebodies. At the rate with which you get paid (pun intended), you'll negotiate B747 rates right around the $100,000 a year mark. You all must be so proud of yourselves and the IBT! One other thing, I'd be careful using the word "negotiate". You'd all "give" BB a cheap labor group just for the remote chance of flying a widebody! I'd hardly call that negotiating... But you RAH pilots are correct, experience doesn't count for anything... Geesh!

You say: "Don't be surprised"?! Believe me, given the IBTs and your pilot's group track record, I'm pretty sure I won't be "surprised". Unfortunately, the US/AWA atmosphere is already brewing. But you guys haven't seen anything yet. Wait until the first RAH FO comes over to the airbus--boy will that be an interesting trip for that individual. I'm sure he'll make sure the rest of you consider whether it's worth it--assuming you get past our IN-HOUSE training.

Last edited:
you and most of your IBT brothers would be more than willing to fly the airbus for less pay.
--LM

Honestly, this is not the case. Nobody here is trying to sell anyone else down the river... BUT, just like the Qs coming over to Republic and being flown by people who are NOT on our seniority list (yet), which is a BLATANT scope violation....the IBT is basically allowing the company to play us against one another.

I understand your frustrations, but I work at Republic and am more frustrated with the "mighty IBT" that you'll ever be. The thing you have to understand is RAH pilots are not the enemy here. But the complete arrogance of your FAPA representatives is giving your group a bad name within the rank and file over here.... further playing into BB and WH's tactics of divide and conquer. In response to us willing to fly the Airbus for less... It becomes more and more likely every day that guys who once said "No way will I ever sell a F9 pilot down the river." might just think about it....

Point is; Just as a small group of F9 pilots (FAPA reps) is making your story appear one way, the same holds true for RAH. In reality, the vast majority of RAH pilots HATE this place and are willing to stand by F9 pilots when it's time to go to war with a known and hated enemy. We aren't trying to fly your Airbus. We are trying to FINALLY stand up to these people. Our fear is, once the war hits the home front - THAT is when you will realize who you're up against. And by then, we will be so divided it will be far too late.

Best of luck to us all...

Last edited:
Of course it covers widebodies. At the rate with which you get paid (pun intended), you'll negotiate B747 rates right around the $100,000 a year mark. You all must be so proud of yourselves and the IBT!.......

assuming you get past our IN-HOUSE training.

Our contract is FAR expired. It was the first non-concessionary contract post 9/11. The payrates SUCK, yes.... but they were negotiated for planes we didn't even have yet, and were just thrown in with (what appeared at the time to be) an afterthought. Lesson learned. I assure you, the rates we are negotiating now (for the past 3 years) will be far more respectable. If they're not, 95% of RAH pilots are willing to sit on the street and roast marshmallows in the flames as this place burns. FUPM seems to be spreading rapidly....

For the second part, yes... not having in-house training is a joke. Just another example of how this company is a bunch of regional airline middle managers attempting to run a major airline.

Last edited:
"But the complete arrogance of your FAPA representatives is giving your group a bad name within the rank and file over here...."

"In response to us willing to fly the Airbus for less... It becomes more and more likely every day that guys who once said "No way will I ever sell a F9 pilot down the river." might just think about it...."

jacksjj, please explain the first quote on the arrogance part of our FAPA representatives.. Details please?

I am having a hard time trying to figure out being stapled behind the first three hundred regional pilots is not being arrogant in itself!

Oh! I forgot for the NMB (STS) filing your group did not consider Midwest at all. You say you feel sorry for the MidEx. guys/gals and then you throw them under the BUS!
"Midwest Airlines has ceased operations and thus is not a part of the single transportation system"
Pretty classy don't you say?
Before you start spouting off how arrogant FAPA BOD representatives are please go look in the mirror yourself!

If it ever comes to dangling the carrot in front of your group to fly the Airbuses for cheaper then I believe the whole industry will look at the RAH/IBT group very closely. You can figure out the rest what they will say about you and the RAH/IBT group.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back